Creating CD Problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ifama

Creating CD Problem

Post by ifama »

Hi,
I am having problems creating cds. I have recorded a track that is one hour and 44 minutes, but when I try to create a cd I get a message that says the burn length would be less than 4 four seconds and to make a longer track. I don't understand why this is. It has happened before with a track that was 60 minutes too. HELP!! Please!

Ifama
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This can occur if you have two track markers set too closely together. Note that there's a track marker at the very start (0:00 time) by default, so if you've placed one near the beginning of the mix, check that it's more than four seconds.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, what version of Mixcraft are you running?

Greg
ifama

CD Problems

Post by ifama »

Hi Greg,

I am running 2.51 build 55. I don't have any markers, according to what I see. I even went to the option that said remove all markers. I really don't know what markers are for (really). I just don't get it.

But each time, I get the same message. HELP please.

Ifama
Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

This can occur if you have two track markers set too closely together. Note that there's a track marker at the very start (0:00 time) by default, so if you've placed one near the beginning of the mix, check that it's more than four seconds.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, what version of Mixcraft are you running?

Greg
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Try this: click on the Windows Start menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft, then Config, then "Use Goldenhawk." If that doesn't help, you can also try "Use Goldenhawk with Windows ASPI."

Or if Goldenhawk was already selected, try using IMAPI.

You can also try adding another cd marker somwhere in the middle of the mix since the first marker is non-removable and is always a track marker.
ifama

CD Recording Problems

Post by ifama »

Thanks Eric,

I will try that next time I run into this problem. It seems when i log out and come back in then add the sound, it burns it. Sometimes it works okay and sometimes it doesn't.