Where to insert ISRC markers

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Verdeboy

Where to insert ISRC markers

Post by Verdeboy »

Just wondering if there is any special place in a song track that the ISRC marker belongs. You can't put it right at the beginning because there is already a start marker. Also the CD track separator option must be checked to use the ISRC marker, which wants to start a new track at that point.

Also, I don't see how to save the track back to my hard drive once I have inserted the ISRC code. I see "save as project" but not save as wav file.
Last edited by Verdeboy on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eric
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Well, you could right-click to edit that first marker and put the ISRC info there as well, if you wanted. Wouldn't you enter it for each track? That first marker would be the ISRC info for the first track.

Greg
Verdeboy

2 more questions

Post by Verdeboy »

Thanks,

I didn't realize I could add anything to an existing marker, but it worked.

You didn't answer my second question: How do I save edited wav files back to my hard drive?

And a third question, When I go to burn all 12 of my edited songs in mixcraft, do I need to put them all on the same track with pauses in between?

If I put them all on separate tracks, won't they get all mixed together?

TIA
Eric
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

To save your mix in WAV, WMA, MP3 or OGG format, click on the File menu and select "Mix Down to..."

The songs don't have to be on the same track, but each successive song has to be to the right of the last one, or they will all be mixed together. Zoom way out and place them end to end. If you overlap them slightly, they'll automatically crossfade into each other.

Check out our Mixcraft tutorials.

Greg
Verdeboy

Post by Verdeboy »

Unfortunately, when I went to burn the tracks, I have the same problem with Mixcraft as with your CD burner--a bit of loud static in between tracks. I burned these exact same tracks with the free CD burner software (Sony Record Now) that came with my HP computer and there was no static.

Also, is there a way I can view the embedded ISRC codes on the burned CD to make sure they came out okay?

Thanks again
Eric