Proteus vx mixdown problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Noel Felix Tamayo

Proteus vx mixdown problem

Post by Noel Felix Tamayo »

Hello all, Ive been using Proteus vs vst for a few projects in mixcraft 6 (217) and when i try to mixdown those projets to Wav or burn to cd i get an error pop up saying "this program has to close" or it just hangs forever. Doing a keyword search on this i find someone else has the same exact problem. Funny thing is i have Cubase 1 le that came with my motif back in the day, i did a couple little test beats and was able to mixdown with no problem. Any help, workarounds will be greatly appreciated. MIXCRAFT ROCKS!! :D
chibear

Re: Proteus vx mixdown problem

Post by chibear »

Hi, the Acoustica guys will want you to send your crash log and data when they notice your post. They (or someone who has the exact file names handy) will get you to send that to them immediately after your next crash to see exactly what is going on.

As a workaround, try bouncing each track using that VST to wave (right click on the track header and choose 'Mix to New Audio Track') before doing your final mixdown and see if that works.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Noel Felix Tamayo

Alrighty ill give it a try and report back...Thanks bro 8)
Noel Felix Tamayo

Still no dice, mixing to new audio track and freezing tracks just leaves me hanging. Dang :?
outteh

Post by outteh »

Is there an error number also with Proteus VX or just the verbiage?
Noel Felix Tamayo

No number, and no more error message. Now it just freezes and hangs there so im forced to shut down mixcraft. Maybe mixcraft doesnt like to play nice with the proteus vx or vice versa, because im able to make a project in cubase with the proteus using multiple midi tracks and im able to mixdown to wav and the file plays fine in wmp. Stumped :?
outteh

Post by outteh »

Get the log file and look to see where Mixcraft is hanging. IS the Proteus VX the 32 bit version? Also, what sound quality are you working with 44100, 24 bit or higher?
Noel Felix Tamayo

Proteus is the 32 bit version, 44/16. I checked the log file and the only thing that stood out about half way was, **** USER is in ADMIN MODE!!!****, not sure if that would make a difference. Not sure what it means.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Was that the last entry in the log before the crash/shutdown? Looking at some other older posts it appears this issue has never really been solved with Mixcraft. We could try an experiment with different audio output settings, and see if this helps. Starting with the windows sound settings, make sure all preferences in windows and the other applications(Proteus VX and Mixcraft) are set to the same setting, 44100, 24 bit and see if this does anything.
Noel Felix Tamayo

Ya ive done some searching around this forum and some other forums with no luck on a solution. Ill try what you suggested, experimenting and what not. Thanks for the help!! :D
outteh

Post by outteh »

Sorry couldn't do more. :( Saw an article where multiple instances of Proteus VX can cause the DAW to hang. Keep us informd on the progress, especially if you find a solution/workaround. :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Also, make sure you've got the latest update for your Proteus plugin, in case they've added any bug fixes.

If that doesn't help, the next time it crashes, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg
Noel Felix Tamayo

Thanks guys for all the responses and help!!! You guys are awesome!!! :D I think the only work around for now is to just use it in cubase. One more question before i let this dang post die. I love using mixcraft and it was suggested by acoustica support that i use another vst rompler like the proteus since the proteus is too buggy. Any suggestions? Free/Buy
chibear

Post by chibear »

I've pretty much stopped looking at freebee VSTs because of an experience similar to yours.

Depending on your intended use, have a look at:

Kontakt: If you buy the full version you have access to an incomprehensible number of sound libraries. If you wait for the fall sales you can probably get Komplete for the same price as retail Kontakt, which opens up even more sounds for you.

Right now I'm saving my pennies for Omnisphere which is a synthesizer/sampler/rompler etc etc etc with a whopping library of included sounds.

If you are interested in Synths, Camel Audio has some really nice offerings. When I hear synths I like and ask the composer it is usually either Camel or Omnisphere he is using.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Noel Felix Tamayo

Cool, I was actualy thinking bout those two, and also steinbergs Halion. Korgs M1 legacy looks cool. Thanks for the reply bro. 8)