Upgraded to Mixcraft 6 and most of my old VSTs wont work

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

wolverball

Upgraded to Mixcraft 6 and most of my old VSTs wont work

Post by wolverball »

Hi, just upgraded to 6 today but seem to be having problems with my old VSTs. I have superior 2.2 installed with metal foundry, machine and dfh as well as Guitar rig 5 but none of these seem to work. When I click on Superior drummer for example, it opens but none the grooves or any of the presets load. I have tried transferring all the vsts from the (programsx86) up into the 3rd party and main folder on mixcraft 6 vst folder but to no avail. I closed mixcraft 6 down and returned to 5.2 to see if it was going the same thing and it was. Where have I gone wrong :):):)?

I recently updgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1, would that have caused anything to go wrong?.
Any help would be appreciated.
outteh

Re: Upgraded to Mixcraft 6 and most of my old VSTs wont work

Post by outteh »

I think the windows upgrade may have caused your registry settings for your old vst's to become corrupted. As a test, reinstall one of your vst's and see if is clears up the issue. If it does, I'm afraid you may have to reinstall all your stuff. :cry:
wolverball

Post by wolverball »

Thanks outheh, I had considered this but the was waiting to see if anyone else experienced it. It seems to have only done it with the Toontrack stuff as Guitar rig 5 is working away with all my own presets. I'll shall begin the laborious task of re-installing them :(:(
wolverball

Post by wolverball »

Nope re-installed all the toontrack stuff and it still isn't working :( I'm miffed now as to what has happened. Anybody else got Mixcraft 6 with Superior drummer/dfh/metal foundry/metal machine that could offer some help? It did work with Mixcraft 5.2!!!!!! I'm basically getting the same screen as I previously got after first installing Superior Drummer 2.2 as in the link provided below
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=14318
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

revert back to W8.0 :wink:
wolverball

Post by wolverball »

Okay so far I've re-installed all the toontrack stuff - didn't work

Moved the various toontrack folders in and out of the VST folder in (program 86), in and out of thr Acoustica 6 VST 3rd party folder, and the VSTplugins folder - didn't work

I've tried dragging the files across and dropping them into Superior drummer which worked when I first purchased superior drummer 2.2 and was using it in mixcraft 5.2 - didn't work

The only thing I got left to do is re-install mixcraft 6 again and if that doesn't work, I stumped as to what to do next.

I went back to using Mixcraft 5.2 but superior drummer no longer worked with that either so uninstalled that thinking that one version of mixcraft might be interfering with the other and still superior drummer didn't work

What was unusual though was when I re-installed all the toontrack stuff (superior drummer, dfh, metal foundry and metal machine) back into the computer it never asked for authentication codes or anything despite the fact I uninstalled everything and deleted all folders before I re-installed all the products again - should this have happened?

At this stage I'm close to throwing my hands up as I think I've gone through everything!!!!!!

Sorry for long post - just thought I describe the processes I tried to fix the problem

Anyone any other ideas???????????????????????????????
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

have you scanned your (for new or changed) vst/vsti files in MC6 since installing it?

try completely uninstalling the Superior Drummer then reinstalling & copying ONLY the .dll files into MC6's vst or vsti folder.leave the samples w/in the drum program application itself.

maybe SD needs to run as a vsti instead of vst.
outteh

Post by outteh »

One big thing windows does is think it's smarter than you. Make sure your stuff runs with admin rights. You may have to run Mixcraft with admin rights or the toontrack stuff. Worth a try! :D
wolverball

Post by wolverball »

Thanks Outteh, I'll try anything at this point but I got one question, after I re-install Superior drummer 2 and the rest of the drum packages should I not be asked for the authentication codes when I go to first launch them again because this didn't happen?
outteh

Post by outteh »

You should unless there is a left over registry entry that shows they have been registered already. If you're going to do the reinstall route (again) make sure you remove all file locations and check your registry to remove any left over entries. Be careful! :)
wolverball

Post by wolverball »

I've given up, I've tried everything. re-installed dfh and metal foundry and mixcraft three times and swapped and dropped folders, no ideas what to do now????? :((((((((((((( It seems to be only doing it with the toontracks stuff as guitar rig is working fine
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you try right-clicking on Mixcraft's icon and selecting "Run As Administrator?"

Did you check the support pages for the plugins to see what they suggest for this problem?

Greg
wolverball

Post by wolverball »

Greg, 100,000 thanks, that worked, the files/grooves are showing up in Superior Drummer now, the only thing is I'm not getting sound from them. All other vsts have sound except those for Superior drummer, any idea what could be causing this?
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi! Make sure the file 'superiordrummer.dll' is placed in a VST folder that Mixcraft can see.

Go to preferences>Plugins>Edit VST folders.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's most likely a setting in Superior Drummer. Do you have the latest update for it?

You've tried a bunch of different presets?

Greg