direct x fx

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

gypsy101

direct x fx

Post by gypsy101 »

why can't i open my direct x noise reduc... or the volume boost ??? any ideas - i'm running mixcraft 2.55 on vista
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What happens when you try to open it? Does it show up in the list of effects inside Mixcraft? Which DirectX noise reduction plugin is it?

Greg
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

it opens in the list of fx but when you click it nothing opens it's cyberlink audio noise reduction & cyberlink volume boost
gypsy101

ps

Post by gypsy101 »

all of the other effects work and damn windows vista for not supporting the help screen any longer. btw- how can i record 2 tracks simultaneously ( i.e. double the guitar rythym w/ copying it or doing it live, which i prefer but trying to save time) ?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hi, Mixcraft 2 may not be compatible with those plug-ins. I would try them for you and see, but I am assuming they are not free?

Also, Mixcraft 2 does not suppoort simultanious tracks recorded at once. BUT, Mixcraft 3 was released today and will do that and also may support your plug-ins.

Download a trial here http://www.acoustica.com/downloading.asp?p=68

It will not overwrite version 2.X, it is totally separate.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

k thanx, i'll probably have more questions later on things. btw i'm new to this comp. studio thing obviously, but already finding wicked guitar tones,currently using a randy rhoads live sound for a lot of things w/out having a marshall stack in a tiled bathroom lol.