How to make sound go faster until it blurs out?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Aesthetics

How to make sound go faster until it blurs out?

Post by Aesthetics »

I apologize for the incorrect terminology, as I am new to daw's and midi recording. I wanted to make a track sound ( for example, drum beat) start at normal tempo then gradually get faster and faster until it becomes a blur of sound. I have tried adding the tempo markers but it doesn't go near fast enough. I think it maxes at 360 bpm. Do I need a vst plugin to achieve this effect? Thanks for any insight.
chibear

Re: How to make sound go faster until it blurs out?

Post by chibear »

If you are working with an audio file, I can't help you, but somewhere here plugins were discussed that simulated speeding up tape. That affects pitch also I think.

If you are working with MIDI it's a simple matter to half the value of the pattern (so that if you were working with 8ths you would change it to 16ths) then slow the tempo to where you would want it in your accelerando and begin again with the markers and tempo changes. If that still doesn't do it, repeat the process and work with 32nds, etc. LOTS of marker, though :shock:

Rumor is in Mixcraft 7 there will be a way to do poco a poco accelerando without using too many markers.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
bbdrmz

Post by bbdrmz »

Here's a link to tapestop. It will slow down or speed up audio.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tapestop_by_tbt
"I am thankful to all those who said no. It's because of them I did it myself."
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM
MusicMeister

Post by MusicMeister »

to get a really nice even speed up the only thing that comes to mind is the new break tweaker by izotope. If you try to do it manually it just sounds unnatural.