Which interface do you use with Mixcraft 6?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

chiefpotpipe

Re: Which interface do you use with Mixcraft 6?

Post by chiefpotpipe »

Jaymzzb wrote:Im also going to agree with the focusrite interfaces.
I use a focusrite scarlett 18i20 and its amazing, A little big for your needs though.

However, I used to have a Line 6 UX1 and a UX2, both are fantastic and reasonably priced. With them you can also use their guitar amp modelling software Podfarm which is just brilliant in my opinion.

James.
Does Mixcraft see all 8 inputs of your 18i20? I just bought one and haven't had much time to check it out.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

chiefpotpipe wrote:Does Mixcraft see all 8 inputs of your 18i20? I just bought one and haven't had much time to check it out.
Hi,

In order to get Mixcraft to see all the inputs, be sure to switch to ASIO mode in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences.

Also be sure to download and install the latest audio driver for it from its web page.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Hi,

Just adding my 2 cents worth. I started with a Tascam USB interface on Windows XP pro. When they failed to support Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, I jumped to the Presonus Audiobox USB. I outgrew that in about a year. I tried the Steinberg URmkII from Guitar Center. That lasted all of one weekend. I returned it and exchanged it for a Focusrite 2i2. The 2i2 was great. It has the gain switch for instrument/guitar. The software that came with it was great and let me set it up the way I wanted with minimum latency. But, I ended up needing actual MIDI in and out DIN connectors and SPDIF so I graduated to the Focusrite 6i6. I am very happy with it as I was with the 2i2. The software that comes with it lets you route signals where you want.
My most recent change was returning it to Guitar Center to exchange it for the 6i6 second generation. Unfortunately that was not a simple firmware upgrade. I had to exchange the unit. So you should make sure you get a second generation unit when you purchase.
Until I expand my system to a lot more than what I have now and/or Focusrite comes out with a USB 3 interface, I am going to stick with what I have...
Good luck

Cheers
Pierre