VSTi + Mixcraft in the future?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mix craft and vst synth programs

Post by Acoustica Greg »

planxty wrote:I'm a bit confused. I want to play vst instruments(arturia minimoog v) Live and record them using mixcraft. How Do i do that?
Mixcraft 3.0 doesn't support VST instruments at this time. We're hoping to support that in a future release.
ldjagger

Re: Mix craft and vst synth programs

Post by ldjagger »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
planxty wrote:I'm a bit confused. I want to play vst instruments(arturia minimoog v) Live and record them using mixcraft. How Do i do that?
Mixcraft 3.0 doesn't support VST instruments at this time. We're hoping to support that in a future release.
Any idea when this might be?
ldjagger

Post by ldjagger »

Any ballpark figure for VSTI support then?

I'm just realising the potential of things like Crystal and Proteus X2, so will Mixcraft be allowing these to integrate in the near future?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's been talked about for Mixcraft 4.0 and we'd like to have Mixcraft 4.0 ready by next year, but we haven't started working on it yet.

Greg
shadoe42

Post by shadoe42 »

hmm so next year. Sigh this means I will probably have to look elsewhere for a product that suits my needs. VSTi support would mean Mixcraft could remain my recorder of choice. But I don't want to have to wait until next year to be able to use my software synths in the way I want to use them. Anyway this could get added to 3 as an upgrade sooner? I like mixcraft a lot but at this point I find myself needing more.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Not a year from now, but "by next year," which means hopefully late this year. First we have to finish Spin It Again 2.0, then we'll start work on Mixcraft 4.0 and we'd like to have it ready by the end of this year. If you're at all familiar with software development, you know that might not happen, but that's the goal.

It will not be an update to Mixcraft 3.0, because it's going to take some doing.

Greg
Sanction

Post by Sanction »

Hello Acoustica!

This is my first post, However I have been following the development of Mixcraft for a few years now. I'm excited to see you are on your way to making Mixcraft with Midi support and the vsti and asio additions are amazing! I play many instruments, and love the ease of use Mixcraft allows for the flow of creation! all though I have many Instruments I don't have allot of room, so Drums just don't fit into the scheme of things here. I'm sure this holds true with many musicians. I suggest while midi is still on the horizon, too add more drum beats to your lineup. But if this slows the progress of Mixcraft 4 please don't! ;) Midi support in your product would enable many great advances in my music creation, enabling use of such great virtual instruments as: EzDrummer, Virtual Bassest and a line of new Virtual Vocals like Leon and Mariam from Vocaloid. I noticed a few of your intelligent users having a discussion about what good Midi would be for Mixcraft, and I found it urging to respond. The world of Midi has grown from it's infancy into adulthood, and has advanced Virtual Instruments to pro usage. The old days of Midi were as many remember bad to say the least, but with new programming and the integration of real audio into the Midi sequencers, Midi has come of age.

Sorry for the long post, but I was long over due... Keep up the great work Acoustica!

Sanction
All things were first a conception!