vst effect

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

G.Love

vst effect

Post by G.Love »

Does anyone know of a good vst effect for making my guitar sound like a bass?Thanks.G.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Pitch tranposers don't really sound that good.
You won't be happy with the sound you get.

They can change your tone down an octave or two but it sounds funny and you can tell it's not a real bass.

I don't have a link to one but I have used them in Guitar Rig for special effects on voices.
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

Hi EL34,I did come across a couple of octave shifters,and your right they sounded really messy and unnatural.I've tried playing around with eq settings with no good results.I'd love to find an effect to make an acoustic guitar sound like a stand up bass.I'll keep looking.Thanks,G.8)
EL34

Post by EL34 »

I needed bass on my home recordings and so I bought a cheapo Ibanez Bass from musician's Friend for around $300.

It sounds great actually and does the job.
I think you can get even cheaper Bass guitars.

Something to think about.
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

Yeah,nothing beats the real thing.I'm sure I could find a bass around here for $150-200.Thanks again.Oh,checked out some of your recordings.A very nice variety of work,G.8)
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

I did manage to find something that sounds reasonably ok if you find the right settings.It's called madshifta,but I think it's more geared for hip-hop,dance and dj stuff.G.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Ok. cool. That will save some you some money.

Glad you enjoyed some of my recordings.
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

Follow up note:To obtain a bass sound from a guitar in mixcraft.Go to the sound tab near the bottom of the screen.You can change the pitch for any particular track.Drop the pitch an octave(-12.0).Too easy.Don't know why I didn't think of it early.Cheers,G. 8)
nychiefsfan

Post by nychiefsfan »

I have a DigiTech RP-250 effects pedal that has an effect that turns your guitar into a bass. I bought it used on eBay for $122, specifically to use with my Mixcraft.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

If you can play keys at all, any cheap keyboard from walmart will have a neat sounding bass tone.
I bought one for $135.00 and it has some really cool tones.

It also has a midi interface which will allow me to use it with virtual instruments, but I have not done so yet.