Just got Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

galby

Just got Mixcraft

Post by galby »

Hi,

I just downloaded mixcraft 6 and recorded myself playing a little acoustic guitar and singing. I heard the metronome the entire time on playback. How do I eliminate this? Also, I just used the mic built into my computer. I am totally new to this, so what is essential to get a good sound when recording myself? IE: Mic recommendation etc? Totally new so any tips, super basic in your wording please. Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Just got Mixcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using headphones when you record (with no sound coming out of the laptop speakers)? If not, then that's the problem.

If you're using headphones and the sound isn't bleeding into the microphone from speakers or your headphones, then check your recording source. This can happen if you choose "stereo mix" when you arm your recording track.

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

You can adjust the metronome settings by clicking on the little icon in Mixcraft and turn it off in playback.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Right, and if you just need to turn off the playback metronome, do that. :wink:

Greg
galby

Post by galby »

I had the playback setting turned off. But no headphones on, thanks, that's no doubt the problem. I will giver a go. Thanks for the input guys.