Wher's that Plug?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ron-e-g

Re: Wher's that Plug?

Post by ron-e-g »

You may want to make sure that you don't have any vst path in Mixcraft 6 that contains 64-bit plugins. If you have both the 64-bit and 32-bit installed and both paths are present, Mixcraft may not open the 32-bit plug. Also, you can check the VSTignore.ini file and make sure the UltraChannel hasn't been listed.
The VST paths have never been a problem. I don't see ultra channel listed in the VSTignore file.
Also, you wrote that you "deleted the original download." Deleting without using the uninstall function might also make things go screwy when you reinstall.
This install does not appear in the Programs and Features File nor is there an uninstall for it in the Programs pop-up window.
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Vibrant Audio wrote:Haven't used it. Avoiding iLok - had problems in the past.
Exactly where I am at on this stuff. rarely worth the hassle.
Vibrant Audio wrote:For the record, manually moving things around is usually a bad idea....... when an installer is putting files in the /common files folder and other system folders things get screwy if you move stuff around.
Yep, top notch advise as always sir!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

ron-e-g wrote:The VST paths have never been a problem. I don't see ultra channel listed in the VSTignore file.
...This install does not appear in the Programs and Features File nor is there an uninstall for it in the Programs pop-up window.
I only brought up the paths because you wrote earlier about having to move things and point Mixcraft and Reaper to folders and such. At least we know it's not being "ignored." That's one possible cause eliminated.

Does the install give you a Start Menu folder? I suppose it's possible there is an uninstaller there that the program doesn't register.

Can you find the appropriate dll's for this plugin on your computer after installing? You should find two (one for 64-bit and one for 32-bit) - are they named differently? Does the program allow you to install 32-bit only? After reinstalling is the plug still showing up in Reaper? During install does it allow you to choose install paths?

Just hunting for clues here...
*Vibrant Audio*
outteh

Post by outteh »

I got it all to work. The ilok had some issues in the beginning but I one have an account. I ran the install program installing only the 32 bit version and the user manual, it gave options for this. I let the install put it in it,s own location. I then copied the .dll only to the Mixcraft, 3rd party vst folder. When Mixcraft started, it recognized the vst and it required the license to be activated. Once activated it works fine. I'm still playing with it but I'm not that impressed. It does have some neat phasing and sidechain features, as well as a pitch function. The compression is very overpowering and "pumps" even at the lowest settings. We'll see!
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Vibrant Audio,

There is a start Menu folder but no uninstall to it. Matter of fact when clicked on it drops down message (empty)
As for the DLL'(s) there is only one I can find. So there may lie the problem. I can only remember ever seeing one. I know for sure I tested this plug in MC when I first downloaded and installed it. So I'm thinking it has to be a corrupt second download, or a License error. I don't completely understand the iLOC thing! Maybe it's possible it blocks some files? And every time you download the VST folder it has to be re- licensed? I don't know. But since outteh says he got it working I'll post some questions at him.

Thanks, Vibrant Audio.

outteh, After your down load you had two DLL's? Have you accessed the user manual? Cause I also selected that option, but do not see the file anywhere.
I have Ultra Channel DLL 12,303 KB
UltraChannel.aaxplugin folder containing;contents>Resources>(Empty)
Win32>UltraChannel.aaxplugin
x64> UltraChannel.aaxplugin
But not two DLL files.
outteh

Post by outteh »

When you download the file from Eventide it is in zip format. Extract it and run the setup program again. It should run with a box that opens up and shows all the variations of the vst that you can have it install. You only need the 32 bit dll for Mixcraft so uncheck all the others. It will probably default to wanting yo install to Program Files/steinberg/vst. Etc. let it install it at this location. After it's finished, go to the install folder location and keep clicking through till you get to the .dll. Copy it and paste it into the Mixcraft 3rd partyvst location. When you start Mixcraft it will find it and, if it is not already license activated will ask if you want yo activate.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Rather than copying DLL files around, it's preferable to just install the plugin into its default VST folder and then let Mixcraft know where that is by adding the VST folder to the list in Plug-Ins preferences (File Menu > Preferences > Edit VST/VSTi Folders).

Why? Because in the case of more complex plugins, the VST plugin DLL might require supporting files.

Greg
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

I installed this plugin. I didn't move dll's or anything around. During install I just changed the default install folder for the 32-bit version from what shows below to C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\ which is already in my Mixcraft 6 preferences. It showed up when I opened Mixcraft 6 and works without issue.

It sounds decent and might be useful. We'll see!
UltraChannelInstall.png
UltraChannelInstall.png (9.3 KiB) Viewed 6324 times
*Vibrant Audio*
outteh

Post by outteh »

If your going to change the location of the install directly to Mixcraft, I suggest you don't select any of the other typs of files to install, only the 32 bit VST.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Vibrant Audio:
Did you change your mind on the iLock or are you using the PACE license manager option?

I understand and support the security issues, and have no desire to circumvent. And I don't even mind the small additional cost. Its just the jump through hoops hassle........
But I am really interested in checking this plug in out. It looks interesting and Eventide has a pretty good reputation for quality.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
ron-e-g

Re: Wher's that Plug? (solved)

Post by ron-e-g »

:oops: I had been moving the wrong DLL file. I was moving the 64 bit file. It's showing up, and working now!

Now if I could only find that User Guide! :lol:

Thank you everyone.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

mbliss wrote:Vibrant Audio:
Did you change your mind on the iLock or are you using the PACE license manager option?

I understand and support the security issues, and have no desire to circumvent. And I don't even mind the small additional cost. Its just the jump through hoops hassle........
But I am really interested in checking this plug in out. It looks interesting and Eventide has a pretty good reputation for quality.
I decided to bite the bullet and install the license manager so I could test this plugin. Had to restart PC after installing the License Manager. Otherwise, no big problems at all. Smooth install for license and plugin.

Don't need a dongle for this - that's always been my biggest beef with iLok.

The process WAS a little clunky. Had to make an iLok account, then enter info back on this page using the "Access Code" of 0F736710 - it's the coupon code - found on this page or this page. Then install the license manager and authorize my computer.

I actually authorized my computer before I installed the plugin. After installing UltraChannel it just worked - no more authorization necessary.
*Vibrant Audio*
Vibrant Audio

Re: Wher's that Plug? (solved)

Post by Vibrant Audio »

ron-e-g wrote::oops: I had been moving the wrong DLL file. I was moving the 64 bit file. It's showing up, and working now!

Now if I could only find that User Guide! :lol:

Thank you everyone.
Here's the UltraChannel User Guide.
*Vibrant Audio*
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

I have a feeling that this whole situation could have been avoided by simply adding the original install folder to Mixcraft's VST Scan List. Wouldn't have needed to move a single file.

Yes, I store my VSTs at the base level of my C:\ drive. Thankfully, there's no permissions so installing new dlls doesn't involve elevating to administrator on Win7

As for your other DAW, I don't know how it handles VST scanning, but it probably has a VST folder scanning option as well.
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Thanks for the link Vibrant Audio. BTW where you find it?
I think the whole process threw me, and the fact I hadn't downloaded a plug.... in awhile. Too..I'm not use to a download choosing the "common files" as a default location.

Anorax.... you are no doubt correct! As long as it was the correct list..the one containing the 32Bit DLL.

Reaper, and some others. Automatically bridges these files.