Mixcraft can't retain Loops?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ikmb

Mixcraft can't retain Loops?

Post by Ikmb »

Hi, I'm using mixcraft 6 and just noticed I can't retain my sample loops after I fade and reverb them. Is this a bug? I loop them in another software then try to fade, reverb and mix them down in mixcraft but mixcraft doesn't save the loop points :( the fades and reverbs come out just fine though. I need to use mixcraft too because my current looping software doesn't support fades, reverbs or delays so any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft can't retain Loops?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by retain loops. You can loop sounds in Mixcraft by just dragging he end of the clip to the right, or by clicking the +1 Loop option:

If you look on the sound tab, the loop start and loop end markers determine how the sound loops:

If that's no help, can you please explain the problem in more detail?

Greg
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by retain loops. You can loop sounds in Mixcraft by just dragging he end of the clip to the right, or by clicking the +1 Loop option:

If you look on the sound tab, the loop start and loop end markers determine how the sound loops:

If that's no help, can you please explain the problem in more detail?

Greg
My apologies, what I meant was mixcraft doesn't keep my audios (wav) looped they are initially looped though. I just open them up in mixcraft and reverb and fade them out (again I already looped them before doing this in mixcraft) mix them down and the loop points for my samples aren't saved, mixcraft unloops them as if they were never looped at all.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you say that the loop points for your samples aren't saved, what do you mean, exactly? Are you taking the mixed down audio files and using them in some other program?

Greg
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

When you say that the loop points for your samples aren't saved, what do you mean, exactly? Are you taking the mixed down audio files and using them in some other program?

Greg
Yes and it can identify whether an audio sample is looped or not and when I open the mixed down audio files it says they're not looped but they were looped before I edited them in mixcraft in that other program so for some reason mixcraft unloops any looped sample I throw at it basically.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What's that other program? Which audio format are you mixing down to?

Greg
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

I am using awave studio and mixing down to wav.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft doesn't store loop points in wav files, it just produces standard wav files. You could add the reverb and fades and such first, and then add the loop points afterward, I suppose.

Greg
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

Mixcraft doesn't store loop points in wav files, it just produces standard wav files. You could add the reverb and fades and such first, and then add the loop points afterward, I suppose.

Greg
Oh that's unfortunate, maybe you can recommend me another software or vst to use with mixcraft that support this? Otherwise thank you for your insight.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you sure that the loop points are being stored in the wav file? I've never heard of such a thing. Maybe the loop points are specific to awave studio.

Greg
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Actually, some WAV files do contain loop start & end times. Mixcraft is not a WAV editor persay. When you load a WAV file into Mixcraft and add effects to it and mix it down, you're essentially creating a brand new mixed audio file that doesn't retain any of the specific information of the original WAV file.

What you want is a WAV editor, like Sony's Sound Forge, that will let you load a single WAV file, process it, and re-save it without losing any of the original WAV file's data.

Dan
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It looks like Awave Studio is a wav editor.

Greg