PLEASE HELP. MSVRC71.DLL ERROR.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

terrellhicks

PLEASE HELP. MSVRC71.DLL ERROR.

Post by terrellhicks »

Hy I have spent the couple of days setting up my stuff so I can jam and recording using only vsts.
Today I downloaded a bunch of free vst amps and effects. Now I'm getting this error when I start mixcraft.

Here is what I did. As I downloaded the vsts I saved them to a new folder on my desktop. Then I opened each saved vst file and only copied the .DLL parts to program files(86x)\acoustica mix craft 6\vst.
Once I got there I had a choice between 3rdparty or acoustica. I copied them to the 3rd party file.

When I was done I restarted my PC. Then I got the error message. I clicked on and mc opened up.
So I started going through all my new vsts. I found that some of them didn't work just right.. I.e. I would turn on the vst
And loose input or playback, or turn off cab sim and loose all audio. So then I simply deleted all the ones that were faulty. I deleted them strait from the folder I copied them to in my vst folder.

Still getting the message.

I also went ahead and removed any non .DLL files from my vst folder. Files like reedme doc or PDF. Still same error.

One other thing I did was try to organize this list of vsts in the effect drop down menu.
I did this by renaming some vsts. I left the original names but I simply added the word comp,eq,amp, or reverb ect in front of the original name. Just to keep effects of the same type in order.

Everything seems to be working fine just getting the annoying message. It makes me nervous having s problem with Mc.. I'm afraid my projects will get messes up. S

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to try and answer as many questions as possible in advance.
chibear

Re: PLEASE HELP. MSVRC71.DLL ERROR.

Post by chibear »

Here's a fix for your problem whether it is THE fix or not time will tell. It's a Windows issue not Mixcraft.

That being said, I would suggest you do a deep virus scan as, according to quick research, the problem is often caused by a virus or something else that has borked your registry.

Very often 'free' VSTs are not so free especially if they are cracked commercial programs, carrying viruses and/or messing up Windows in the process of bypassing the copy protection.

Secondly not all free VSTs are equal, some containing extremely sloppy coding. I am not a coder, but a friend who is had a look at DSK strings, with which I was having problems running multiple instances. He said the coding was extremely sloppy and to get rid of it, so I would suggest downloading free VSTs ONLY from reputable sites like KVR Audio, who test and evaluate each before recommending them for download.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
omtayslick

Post by omtayslick »

This happened to me a while back. Here's the help I received:

http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... DLL#p62512
Tom
terrellhicks

Post by terrellhicks »

I fixed it. There was just one vst that was causing it. The vst working just fine though.
I found it by removing a few vsts at a time until the problem stopped. Then replaced em one at a time
Until the problems occurred again. I just singled out the one by process of elimination.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Care to share which VST was the issue so we can all avoid it?
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
terrellhicks

Post by terrellhicks »

The vst that was causing the problem was called MAGNETWALL. Not sure what kind of vst it was. I download several at one time then moved them to my folders later.

A note.. when I downloaded the vst I was using my laptop tethered to my smart phone via wireless hot spot. the file could have gotten corrupted because of that im not sure.