Mix Down To MP3 and Burning to CD Need Help?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Duck

Mix Down To MP3 and Burning to CD Need Help?

Post by Duck »

A buddy of mine showed me Mixcraft and I swear he was able to mix down to an MP3 and burn to a disk from Mixcraft. When I go to Mix Down To The only options I get are OGG, WMA and WAV.

I finished my first song and want to burn it to a CD so it will play on most players. I also want to put it on Sound Cloud.

HELP!
Anorax

Re: Mix Down To MP3 and Burning to CD Need Help?

Post by Anorax »

Well, your friend was able to because you can do those things in mixcraft. Although, if you're uploading to soundcloud, it doesn't matter what file format, they will accept just about anything. You can upload a WAV if you want. Soundcloud limits free accounts by song length, not filesize.

Anyway, back to Mixcraft.
Under the File menu, you should see the options to mix down to MP3 and Burn to CD.
Mixcraft Mixdown and CD Burn.png
Mixcraft Mixdown and CD Burn.png (56.39 KiB) Viewed 11658 times
The only thing that I can think of that would prevent this is an expired trial, but I can't be sure that's the case here as an expired trial should prevent mixing down to any format, not just MP3 or burn to disc.

Would you mind sharing screenshots of your 'mix down to...' menu?
Duck

Post by Duck »

I have a registered version and I am not getting a burn to CD or MP3 option for Mix Down To. I have 6.1 build 217.

I did send it to Sound Cloud and I saved it as WAV but there is no selection for MP3 or Burn to CD.

My Mixcraft came from a disk that I bought from Best Buy. It did upgrade to 6.1 Build 217.

I tried to do a snip and screen shot but I can't get that to work.

All the fly out has is OGG, WMA WAV and AVI and WMV are greyed out.

Is there any reason for why the MP3 and Burn to CD option not showing up? Could it be that my version doesn't have it since mine came on a disk?

I am trying the snipping tool and the fly out closes when I move the cursor off mixcraft. Print Screen won't work either. When I press alt and prtsc the fly out closes.

FRUSTRATING!

Bottom line it MP3 and Burn to CD simply is not there.
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

While I've never actually tried it, I would assume that your serial number should work on a downloaded version of Mixcraft. You might want to get confirmation from Acoustica on that. If you really believe the problem is the software source, just download the full version from the website here and install it.

I'm not sure if Mixcraft installs it's own MP3 encoder when it installs. If it does not, that could also be your problem. There are a lot of programs that will install one, and I know I already had one before I installed Mixcraft. If for some reason you didn't have one, and Mixcraft doesn't install one, it might be an avenue to explore.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Duck wrote:I have a registered version and I am not getting a burn to CD or MP3 option for Mix Down To. I have 6.1 build 217.

I did send it to Sound Cloud and I saved it as WAV but there is no selection for MP3 or Burn to CD.

My Mixcraft came from a disk that I bought from Best Buy. It did upgrade to 6.1 Build 217.

I tried to do a snip and screen shot but I can't get that to work.

All the fly out has is OGG, WMA WAV and AVI and WMV are greyed out.

Is there any reason for why the MP3 and Burn to CD option not showing up? Could it be that my version doesn't have it since mine came on a disk?

I am trying the snipping tool and the fly out closes when I move the cursor off mixcraft. Print Screen won't work either. When I press alt and prtsc the fly out closes.

FRUSTRATING!

Bottom line it MP3 and Burn to CD simply is not there.
Just tap the PrtSc key, forget the ALT key or the snipping tool (keep your mouse on the fly out menu while you do this). This'll grab your entire screen, but then you'll need to open Paint or another graphic editor and paste the image (PrtSc saves the image to the clipboard, not to a file).

Also, while Brian may be on to something about your audio codec, I find it hard to believe that any modern computer ships without a LAME mp3 encoder/decoder, and there's no way that they would ship a faulty disc version of Mixcraft. I have a disc, and I've never had problems from disc installs before.

Brian, mixcraft shipped digitally via download is the same as shipped physically on a disc, so the serial number works both ways (saying from experience). I think Mixcraft checks with Acoustica's servers actually when registering, but I can't confirm that, someone from Acoustica will need to.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The option to mix down to MP3 is not available in Mixcraft 6 Home Studio. That's one of the reasons it costs less. Check out the Mixcraft comparison chart to see what you get with the various versions of Mixcraft 6.

Greg
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Ah, I had forgotten that there was a lower level version of mixcraft. That explains it then.

If you ever want to upgrade to the full version of Mixcraft, you can begin that process here. Enter your email you used to register, and you should receive a coupon code in an email soon.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Hi Duck,

You have a few options if you want to burn a song to CD or make mp3's:
1. Upgrade from Mixcraft 6 Home Studio to Mixcraft 6 for $40
2. Burn using the free ImgBurn or InfraRecorder
3. Convert to MP3 using MediaHuman or Audacity or even online at Zamzar or AudioFormat

Hope that's helpful! :)
*Vibrant Audio*
Duck

Post by Duck »

I think I paid $60 dollars for it. How much is the online version? $79??

What else it is missing? Amp models?

Can I upgrade to Pro with this version? If I do with I have the mp3 feature

I don't like using credit cards online whenever I can avoid it so when I saw at Best Buy I grabbed it. I thought I was getting Mixcraft 6.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

AFAIK, the only versions of Mixcraft without mix down to MP3 or Burn to Disc is
a) Mixcraft Home Studio, and
b) Mixcraft with an expired trial.

If you paid $60 for a product that cost $49, then Best Buy gave you the slip. You can see the upgrade price for Pro Studio in the links that Vibrant Audio and I posted.

As for buying Mixcraft online, you can always go to a local store and see if they have Visa or MasterCard gift cards. You can load one of those up with however much you'll need to buy mixcraft (plus the activation fee, usually around $4 in my experience) and not have to worry about using your own credit or debit card for the online purchase.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

If you click on the link Greg provided, and then select "features" "Instruments" and "Effects" tabs lower on the page, the differences are graphically displayed for comparison.
There is actually a great deal missing from the stripped down "Home studio" version, and the upgrade to either the full version or "Pro-Studio" version is not only fairly priced, but a steal for what you get.
Study the chart, you make the call.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Duck

Post by Duck »

Thanks for the info. Wish I had gotten the $74 dollar version or pro. Had I known that is what I would have done had I known. For $25 dollar more you get so much more.

I'll probably upgrade or just purchase. If I do get a another version should I uninstall Mixcraft Home Version? Will there be conflicts if I leave it on? I think there are 2 downloads left and I am trying to

I was able to record with relative ease but a couple of saves didn't save.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

While you may have to uninstall-and-reinstall, there may actually be special "upgrade" installers which would essentially patch your current version to upgrade it. However, that's something you will have to ask Greg or another Acoustica employee.

And I would upgrade rather than purchase anew, it still saves you money.