Disable input velocity curves

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MrRatermat

Disable input velocity curves

Post by MrRatermat »

I want to stop my midi keyboard, a Korg MicroKey, from sensing velocities and force the velocities to maximum regardless of physical velocity. There's no way to do that because the keyboard uses the windows drivers and can't be disabled using hardware.
Is there a way I can do this using mixcraft without recording?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Disable input velocity curves

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft doesn't have an option to do that. Check the documentation for your Korg, does it have an option like that? You might also look at some kind of MIDI Yoke software that would intercept the MIDI messages.

And, as implied in your message, you can of course easily change the velocity of all the notes after you record, for anyone else reading this.

Greg
MrRatermat

Post by MrRatermat »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Mixcraft doesn't have an option to do that. Check the documentation for your Korg, does it have an option like that? You might also look at some kind of MIDI Yoke software that would intercept the MIDI messages.

And, as implied in your message, you can of course easily change the velocity of all the notes after you record, for anyone else reading this.

Greg
Thank you for the reply.
The velocity for the keyboard is being treated like a feature that sets Korg apart from any other brands.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As I mentioned, if you can't change a setting on your keyboard to change the velocity messages being set, you could try using some kind of MIDI yoke software that would intercept the MIDI messages. Mixcraft would see it as a MIDI device.

Greg
MrRatermat

Post by MrRatermat »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

As I mentioned, if you can't change a setting on your keyboard to change the velocity messages being set, you could try using some kind of MIDI yoke software that would intercept the MIDI messages. Mixcraft would see it as a MIDI device.

Greg
Okay, I will use Midi-OX (I used to use it and I know it can do that). I was just hoping I wouldn't have to. Well, MIDI can be very complex!

Thanks
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Do you have the manual? The English section is literally only a quarter of a page long. Not a very hard read at all! :wink:

In the "Making Detailed Settings" section it reads, "The following settings cannot be edited from the microKEY itself, so
you’ll need to use the Korg Kontrol Editor. You can download the Korg Kontrol Editor from the Korg website.
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/ or http://www.korg.com/"

Here is the direct link to a download page for the "Kontrol Editor." You should be able to easily make setting changes that will set a constant velocity when you press a key.
*Vibrant Audio*