Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Post Reply
I Love Music
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:03 am

Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by I Love Music » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Hello ALL,

I haven't seen this issue across the forums, could be an oversight, forgive me...or, perhaps this was suggested as an added feature to forthcoming MixCraft 7...

Is there any way possible to import or add more than one audio file to which would import to different tracks in MixCraft 6, at ONE time?

I do rough compositions and arrangements in NI Maschine, and would like to track-out the audio in exact sequence in MixCraft for further production...

Cubase allows multiple audio files to be selected and imported in one fell swoop, however, when trying to perform the same action, by selecting one, followed by "CTRL" depressed, again to no avail...

Drag and Drop (from Maschine) nor does importing such to the Mixcraft Library offer what I've been trying to accomplish.

Any help towards alleviating the slightly "painful" task of inserting a multiple files, one by one (this is great for one or two files, but when amassed to more than 10 files per project, can be a bit tedious) would be greatly appreciated!

Warmest!

Vibrant Audio
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by Vibrant Audio » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:30 am

It has been suggested in the past...I hope it makes it into Mixcraft 7!

Never hurts when someone adds a +1 like this. :wink:
*Vibrant Audio*

aj113
Posts: 1379
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by aj113 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:35 pm

You can drag multiple files from a folder into the MC GUI, but they all go to the same track. It's not really what you want to do but it is marginally quicker to do it this way then drag each clip to a new track.

User avatar
davefk
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by davefk » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Vibrant Audio wrote:It has been suggested in the past...I hope it makes it into Mixcraft 7!

Never hurts when someone adds a +1 like this. :wink:
You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Original Music on Soundcloud : Original Music on Bandcamp : Original Music on YouTube :
Original Music on Hearthis

Dave Kelly, is an English songwriter based in Liverpool UK.

Image

Vibrant Audio
Posts: 981
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by Vibrant Audio » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:17 pm

davefk wrote:You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Right on. But the original question from I Love Music was whether multiple clips could be dropped to separate tracks all at one time.

He has a scenario where he could smooth the workflow if the clips would automatically go to separate tracks, the way they do in some other DAW's. I occasionally have similar scenarios - especially when dropping stems in for remixing projects.

All good. We can continue taking that extra step, like you wrote.
*Vibrant Audio*

User avatar
davefk
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by davefk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Vibrant Audio wrote:
davefk wrote:You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Right on. But the original question from I Love Music was whether multiple clips could be dropped to separate tracks all at one time.

He has a scenario where he could smooth the workflow if the clips would automatically go to separate tracks, the way they do in some other DAW's. I occasionally have similar scenarios - especially when dropping stems in for remixing projects.

All good. We can continue taking that extra step, like you wrote.
Yep, I was aware of the original question, but felt I need not respond further on that point as it had been answered by a previous poster. I was just giving a bit of advice on how the OP could work out a solution using a temporary way. :D
Original Music on Soundcloud : Original Music on Bandcamp : Original Music on YouTube :
Original Music on Hearthis

Dave Kelly, is an English songwriter based in Liverpool UK.

Image

I Love Music
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:03 am

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by I Love Music » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Hello Everyone!

First, "he" is a "she"... :wink:

Thank you ALL for those suggestions, though I am STILL crossing fingers for an update to be availed in the near future.


Warmest,

I Love Music

I Love Music
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:03 am

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by I Love Music » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:42 pm

aj113 wrote:You can drag multiple files from a folder into the MC GUI, but they all go to the same track. It's not really what you want to do but it is marginally quicker to do it this way then drag each clip to a new track.

I'm sorry, don't quite follow..."MC GUI"?

User avatar
Acoustica Greg
Posts: 20452
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by Acoustica Greg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi,

Yes, we've talked about an option to put the clips on different tracks. Some people want them all on one track and some people want them on different tracks, so an option would be good.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg

I Love Music
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:03 am

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by I Love Music » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:46 pm

davefk wrote:
Vibrant Audio wrote:It has been suggested in the past...I hope it makes it into Mixcraft 7!

Never hurts when someone adds a +1 like this. :wink:
You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Believe I might have tried that but it didn't work. Suggestions? How have you done it? Thank you!

Warmest,

User avatar
Acoustica Greg
Posts: 20452
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by Acoustica Greg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi,

Browse to the location of the audio files, then hold down the shift key to select a range of files or the ctrl key to add individual files to the selection, then drag the selected files into Mixcraft.


Greg

I Love Music
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:03 am

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by I Love Music » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Browse to the location of the audio files, then hold down the shift key to select a range of files or the ctrl key to add individual files to the selection, then drag the selected files into Mixcraft.


Greg
Thanks, Greg, will try this.

AND, yes the separate track option would be AWESOME! (You're welcome for the suggestion.)

aj113
Posts: 1379
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by aj113 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:02 pm

I Love Music wrote:
aj113 wrote:You can drag multiple files from a folder into the MC GUI, but they all go to the same track. It's not really what you want to do but it is marginally quicker to do it this way then drag each clip to a new track.

I'm sorry, don't quite follow..."MC GUI"?
Mixcraft interface - basically "Mixcraft".

I Love Music
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:03 am

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by I Love Music » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 pm

aj113 wrote:
I Love Music wrote:
aj113 wrote:You can drag multiple files from a folder into the MC GUI, but they all go to the same track. It's not really what you want to do but it is marginally quicker to do it this way then drag each clip to a new track.

I'm sorry, don't quite follow..."MC GUI"?
Mixcraft interface - basically "Mixcraft".
Thank you, aj113!

User avatar
trevlyns
Posts: 2479
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 1:59 am
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by trevlyns » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:12 am

GUI = Graphical User Interface :wink:
Keep on trackin'

Trevor

Website
Soundcloud
FaceBook

Official OFC™ Founding Member

Win 10 64 bit; MX8 Pro; Intel quad core i-5; 3.0 GHz; 16 GB RAM
I started out with nothing - and still have most of it left! - Seasick Steve

Post Reply