Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

I Love Music

Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by I Love Music »

Hello ALL,

I haven't seen this issue across the forums, could be an oversight, forgive me...or, perhaps this was suggested as an added feature to forthcoming MixCraft 7...

Is there any way possible to import or add more than one audio file to which would import to different tracks in MixCraft 6, at ONE time?

I do rough compositions and arrangements in NI Maschine, and would like to track-out the audio in exact sequence in MixCraft for further production...

Cubase allows multiple audio files to be selected and imported in one fell swoop, however, when trying to perform the same action, by selecting one, followed by "CTRL" depressed, again to no avail...

Drag and Drop (from Maschine) nor does importing such to the Mixcraft Library offer what I've been trying to accomplish.

Any help towards alleviating the slightly "painful" task of inserting a multiple files, one by one (this is great for one or two files, but when amassed to more than 10 files per project, can be a bit tedious) would be greatly appreciated!

Warmest!
Vibrant Audio

Re: Adding MORE Than One Sound File AT a Single Time

Post by Vibrant Audio »

It has been suggested in the past...I hope it makes it into Mixcraft 7!

Never hurts when someone adds a +1 like this. :wink:
*Vibrant Audio*
aj113

Post by aj113 »

You can drag multiple files from a folder into the MC GUI, but they all go to the same track. It's not really what you want to do but it is marginally quicker to do it this way then drag each clip to a new track.
davefk

Post by davefk »

Vibrant Audio wrote:It has been suggested in the past...I hope it makes it into Mixcraft 7!

You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

davefk wrote:You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Right on. But the original question from I Love Music was whether multiple clips could be dropped to separate tracks all at one time.

He has a scenario where he could smooth the workflow if the clips would automatically go to separate tracks, the way they do in some other DAW's. I occasionally have similar scenarios - especially when dropping stems in for remixing projects.

All good. We can continue taking that extra step, like you wrote.
*Vibrant Audio*
davefk

Post by davefk »

Vibrant Audio wrote:
davefk wrote:You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Right on. But the original question from I Love Music was whether multiple clips could be dropped to separate tracks all at one time.

He has a scenario where he could smooth the workflow if the clips would automatically go to separate tracks, the way they do in some other DAW's. I occasionally have similar scenarios - especially when dropping stems in for remixing projects.

All good. We can continue taking that extra step, like you wrote.
Yep, I was aware of the original question, but felt I need not respond further on that point as it had been answered by a previous poster. I was just giving a bit of advice on how the OP could work out a solution using a temporary way. :D
I Love Music

Post by I Love Music »

Hello Everyone!

First, "he" is a "she"... :wink:

Thank you ALL for those suggestions, though I am STILL crossing fingers for an update to be availed in the near future.

Warmest,

I Love Music
I Love Music

Post by I Love Music »

aj113 wrote:You can drag multiple files from a folder into the MC GUI, but they all go to the same track. It's not really what you want to do but it is marginally quicker to do it this way then drag each clip to a new track.

I'm sorry, don't quite follow..."MC GUI"?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, we've talked about an option to put the clips on different tracks. Some people want them all on one track and some people want them on different tracks, so an option would be good.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
I Love Music

Post by I Love Music »

davefk wrote:
Vibrant Audio wrote:It has been suggested in the past...I hope it makes it into Mixcraft 7!

You can drag and drop more than one audio file at time, they just all go onto one track, but its simple enough to drag the files onto other audio tracks?
Believe I might have tried that but it didn't work. Suggestions? How have you done it? Thank you!

Warmest,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Browse to the location of the audio files, then hold down the shift key to select a range of files or the ctrl key to add individual files to the selection, then drag the selected files into Mixcraft.

Greg
I Love Music

Post by I Love Music »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Browse to the location of the audio files, then hold down the shift key to select a range of files or the ctrl key to add individual files to the selection, then drag the selected files into Mixcraft.

Greg
Thanks, Greg, will try this.

AND, yes the separate track option would be AWESOME! (You're welcome for the suggestion.)
aj113

Post by aj113 »

I Love Music wrote:
aj113 wrote:You can drag multiple files from a folder into the MC GUI, but they all go to the same track. It's not really what you want to do but it is marginally quicker to do it this way then drag each clip to a new track.

Mixcraft interface - basically "Mixcraft".
I Love Music

Post by I Love Music »

aj113 wrote:
I Love Music wrote:

Mixcraft interface - basically "Mixcraft".
Thank you, aj113!
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

GUI = Graphical User Interface :wink:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio