problems with effects Mixing Down to Wav

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sus

problems with effects Mixing Down to Wav

Post by Sus »

Hi,
I've been using Mixcraft 5.2 for some years and suddenly started to have problems with mixing down do wav:

1)
I have a project with reverb on every track (global effect) and when I mix it down to wav it doesn't have that effect...

2)
Another problem is when I'm mixing down to wav a project with vst choir voices that sing specific words, the choir voices mix down singing "ooo" instead of singing the specific words... As it is also a kind of an effect, I've been thinking that maybe Mixcraft has a sudden problem with effects mixing down to wav...

What is strange is that the same projects (both) while mixing down to MP3 work excellent!
Please HELP me...
outteh

Re: problems with effects Mixing Down to Wav

Post by outteh »

Some effects have a problem mixing down to WAV when the recorded frequency is higher than 48000. Also ensure you are mixing down to Wav using the same frequency the recording is set to. :D
Sus

Post by Sus »

Hi! Thanks a lot for a quick reply.
It helped a bit when I've changed the wav settings to 96,000 Hz and 24 bits but still the reverb is not full: in my original mixcraft project it sounds like I've recorded in a cathedral ('Canyon' effect) and after it is mixed down to wav it seems to be 'cut' and sounds a bit like from a metal tin...

Yet the mixing down to mp3 results super-good and sounds 100% like the original mixcraft project with full effects... But still, I need a .wav format... What else can I do to improve?
outteh

Post by outteh »

Try 46000 or 48000 on the Wav mixdown. See if this helps. Quality of the sound should be fine even though you are dropping the sampling rate.
Sus

Post by Sus »

Thanks a lot. I've noticed that in the format details there were some differences (they were not the same) and that's why I had this problems... Now everything seems to work well :)

Thanks again for your help.
Cheers!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The sample rate is the important thing for this problem. If the mix sounds different after you mix down, mix down to a wave file that has the same sample rate as the sample rate that's selected in Mixcraft's sound device preferences.

Why does this happen? Some plugins don't behave properly when the sample rate changes in the mix down.

Greg