How do I install Mixcraft 6 on 2nd computer?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

skitz

How do I install Mixcraft 6 on 2nd computer?

Post by skitz »

Hi, I currently have Mixcraft 6 installed on my desktop pc and have recently bought a laptop that I want to use as a dedicated music machine. I can't find this topic covered anywhere in the help section. How can I install Mixcraft 6 on the new laptop? Do I need a new download?
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: How do I install Mixcraft 6 on 2nd computer?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, just download Mixcraft onto the new computer, install it and enter your registration information.

If you've got Mixcraft projects on your old computer, load each project into Mixcraft (on the old computer) and choose "Copy Project Files to..." from Mixcraft's File menu. This option will put all the files needed for that project into a zip file or folder for easy transfer to the new computer. You need to do this because the audio files are stored separately from the project files; you can't just copy the Mixcraft projects files by themselves. If you've got alternate takes or other recordings that aren't in your current projects, back those up, too.

If you ever need to reach us, you can submit an Acoustica Support Request on our support page.

Greg
skitz

Re: How do I install Mixcraft 6 on 2nd computer?

Post by skitz »

Worked great, thanks Greg.