Feedback on Mixcraft 7 Pro

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msnickybee

Feedback on Mixcraft 7 Pro

Post by msnickybee »

Been using Mixcraft for many years, recently upgraded to v7 Pro!
I hope you folks don't mind me throwing in some opinion for debate, as I love this product quite a lot, and was thrilled to see an upgrade!

Things I like and have quickly adopted:

(1) Treblecream (been looking for harsh treble/transient control like this! I've tried loads), the software was full of "exciter" things to enliven transients & mid/side, but nothing previously to tame it! except maybe Tape compression-ish
(2) Journeys Synth (fun, but I don't write Soundtracks - would be fab for that!)
(3) Step Sequencer (but just for alternate view of drum programming in my case)
(4) Bass Devil VST (just what I *needed* to get a better bass sound)
(5) Grid alignment (rather than Beat)
(6) Warp/Quantize (v nice option to have, but still noticeable eg. on acoustic guitar)
(7) more great loops!!

Things I'm not quite so keen on or hoped to see:

(1) Regularly get "detected a crash in VST xxx", and *all* my master bus VSTs crash - (recognise this is new software, so will get there!)
(2) No visible changes to Mixer - was hoping for some nice cosmetic polish :-)
(3) Still no FAB compressor like eg. TDR Feedback Compressor (now called "TDR Kotelnikov") that really glues a master mix, although I do acknowledge and use the iZotope Essentials of course but that doesn't have quite the same tech (neither does the vacuum compressor or zener limiter)
(4) an edit window for a sound to bring it full screen height waveform eg. when unnormalised, and some easier/more intuitive editing tools to ease comping?
(5) any auto double-tracking (I use "ADT", it's o-k....) or vocoder or autotune (now I'm just wishing! lol)

thanks folks! (no more recording/mixing over xmas tho, got to start boiling them sprouts early!)

waddya think? (about my thoughts, not sprouts)

nicky
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
fredfish

Re: Feedback on Mixcraft 7 Pro

Post by fredfish »

msnickybee wrote:thanks folks! (no more recording/mixing over xmas tho, got to start boiling them sprouts early!)

nicky
Mine have been on since November - Are you sure yours will be properly done !? :D

Happy Christmas

John
Acoustica Greg

Re: Feedback on Mixcraft 7 Pro

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions and general feedback!

In regard to the plugin crashes, make sure you have build 251. If you don't, you can choose "Check For Update" from Mixcraft's help menu to update. If you've already got build 251, or updating doesn't help, the next time the plugin problem happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg