Mixcraft Vst

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

micaht

Mixcraft Vst

Post by micaht »

I want to know, can I use mixcraft vsts in a song that I want to sell? Is it legal?
Thank you,
micaht
AHornsby

Re: Mixcraft Vst

Post by AHornsby »

micaht wrote:I want to know, can I use mixcraft vsts in a song that I want to sell? Is it legal?
Thank you,
micaht
Where are you? In America you're innocent until proven guilty. How could Acoustica determine whether a VST was theirs or not? Why would they even want to do that?

That would be like Steinway wanting a piece of the action for every song played on their pianos.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Good point!

Certainly anything you produce using the Mixcraft DAW (provided you own it), loops and components (VST's) are royalty free
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Larioso

Post by Larioso »

Question is relevant - some free stuff out there is for personal use only - and Mixcraft use some stuff that is free like old Kjaerhus and stuff(or is Torben getting some for this).

But don't know about libraries at all, I never use anything shipped with a daw.
I bought everything I need 3rd party.
omac

Post by omac »

Most (not all) of the Vst instruments and fx supplied with mixcraft are available for free download elsewhere authorized by the author. The author of the Messiah vst had mentioned quite some time ago when I was on his forum that mixcraft was the main distribution method for his vst. I wouldn't make the assumption that Acoustica were setting themselves up for a lawsuit by distributing without authorization.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

trevlyns wrote:
Certainly anything you produce using the Mixcraft DAW (provided you own it), loops and components (VST's) are royalty free
THIS!!!
but.... certain souds or loops @ the very beginning of a song may be tagged by YouTube as Copyright infringement due to a glitch on their part.

there are a few threads on this.
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= ... fringement
micaht

Post by micaht »

I was wondering because my whole song consists of their vsts.
Larioso

Post by Larioso »

omac wrote:I wouldn't make the assumption that Acoustica were setting themselves up for a lawsuit by distributing without authorization.
Of course not anything with lawsuit.

Just mention that some material provided for free - are for personal use as free - and once commercial there are fees involved. So that could be one reason for a provider to ship with daws for free.

But I also would think most likely it would be mentioned somewhere in Mixcraft documents or About box or similar if such royalty is expected by any provider.

Someone mentioned OP question like it was not relevant at all - and I point out that it's not selfevident everything is free for commercial use.
micaht

Post by micaht »

I wish I could get a firm answer so I know that I am not intruding on anybody's copyright. I bought the Mixcraft Pro so that I would have extra vsts to make (and sell) my music. They should be royalty free. If someone would give me a firm answer on whether or not this is legal, it would be very helpful.
If you want to know how I am using the vsts please refer to the url below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zncflr6lmso1qye/Two.mp3?dl=0
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Here's the official word from Acoustica...
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
micaht

Post by micaht »

Thank you very much.
micaht
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Larioso wrote:
Someone mentioned OP question like it was not relevant at all - and I point out that it's not selfevident everything is free for commercial use.

Greetings Larioso: Of course it's not self-evident but laws change everyday. So tomorrow, it might just all be different. My point is that we don't cease to create just because the tools we use MIGHT be flawed in some way.

The question to me, seemed to be flawed as it was like Acoustica was surreptitiously causing its users to infringe on copyright law, or whatever the law de jour is.

I'm glad that OP is satisfied with the answers but it might have been best to ask prior to putting a lot of work into something. Did the answer change anything for you?
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

WOW... You all need to chill out and read Trev's post above
Larioso

Post by Larioso »

AHornsby wrote:I'm glad that OP is satisfied with the answers but it might have been best to ask prior to putting a lot of work into something. Did the answer change anything for you?
My aim was to support a newcomer - feeling that you put him down a bit.

Either way, I'm good.
8)
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

trevlyns wrote:Here's the official word from Acoustica...
maybe that should be a sticky both here & under User Showcase.