ARTURIA KEYLAB 49

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

craigpurdie

ARTURIA KEYLAB 49

Post by craigpurdie »

Does anyone have experience with Arturia Keylab 49 or 61 and MIXCRAFT 7?

I am in search of a keyboard for studio work, and I'm new to using a keyboard with knobs and buttons to control MIXCRAFT.

Any positive or negative thoughts are appreciated!...THANKS TO ALL!
Acoustica Greg

Re: ARTURIA KEYLAB 49

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have one here, but since Mixcraft supports both MIDI and Mackie control surface commands, you'll get functionality out of most keyboards like this.

It would be interesting to hear from any other forum users that have one, though!

Greg
aliamir

Post by aliamir »

Hi
I am aware that this post is a bit old, but I recently bought an Arturia Keylab 49 and started using it with Mixcraft Pro Studio 7, and thought that my experiences with the pair might be of help to somebody. I am happy to say that it works like a charm, but you have to do a bit of tweaking, both on the Arturia and Mixcraft.
Mixcraft has no set template for Arturia controller, so you have to do the initial setting manually. Once done it works quite well.
Additionally, you also have to note that the transport controls of Arturia send MMC (midi machine control) messages, which are not recognised by Mixcraft. You will have to tweak the Arturia to send midi control data through the transport control switches,(which is not too difficult) and it works like a charm.
Happy to note that my Arturia Keylab 49 now works in perfect tandem with Mixcraft Pro Studio 7.

Amir
FancyGoose

Post by FancyGoose »

Hello Amir, i'm not sure you are still visiting this forum, but I have a question for you :
You will have to tweak the Arturia to send midi control data through the transport control switches,(which is not too difficult) and it works like a charm.
Can you show me how you did that to your Keylab Essential controller?

I the doc, it says that the DAW control center is hardcoded and nothing can be changed, as per the manual :
The buttons in the DAW Command Center send set control messages to your software, and
are not configurable.
The output of the DAW Command Center can be toggled between MCU and HUI protocols
within the MCC.
I wonder what you did to make it work. Thanks in advance, hoping you are reading this.
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Look up how to assign midi to your controller, it's easy.

M
Anders Hauge

Post by Anders Hauge »

Hi,
It seems I'm a little late to the party, but nevertheless I have some issues you might be able to solve.
I have a new keylab mkii 88 and having hard time figuring out how to make it work properly with Mixcraft. How did you set it up to work properly?
Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Anders