nanoKontrol2 with Mixcraft 7?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Re: nanoKontrol2 with Mixcraft 7?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Forget the tech mumbo jumbo! Good that you got it up and running, it's a great tool. I also like how easy it is to program VST's.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I often suggest trying a different USB port, because we found in our testing that in some cases not all USB ports on a PC are the same. We had one PC where some USB ports were powered and some weren't. Also, as was mentioned, some could be USB 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0. Or maybe one just isn't connected.

I also suggest bypassing a USB hub as a troubleshooting measure, because they can cause problems in some cases, especially the ones that are unpowered. Of course, if the USB hub is working fine, that's great, but trying a connection without the hub should be part of your troubleshooting for this kind of problem.

Greg
jhart

Post by jhart »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the additional advice. There are so many variables potentially involved that it's helpful to have a checklist when things go wrong. I'm very pleased that I can now fully use the nk2 with MX7 and I'm having a good time mixing with it.

For those who encounter nk2 problems in the future, here's a Korg forum link that also has some useful information (it also shows how complicated the fixes can become).

jhart

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 2eef3b4ace