Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp Crashing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rambler40

Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp Crashing

Post by Rambler40 »

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered any problems with this plugin. It only seems to crash after I make an MP3 out of a project. It will finish making the MP3 and then I get a pop up box saying: Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp has crashed and will be muted until restart. Doesn't do it every time, more like every second or third time. Everything else works great by the way, just this one plugin giving me trouble.

My computer is still pretty new, built as a gaming rig, so there's plenty of processing power and ram. Windows 8.1 64 bit, i7 quad core, 16 gigs of ram. 64 bit version of Mixcraft Pro Studio 7. Any suggestions?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp Crashing

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What sample rate are you using in Mixcraft's sound device preferences? Are you using build 251 of Mixcraft 7?

Greg
Rambler40

Post by Rambler40 »

Hi Greg;

I'm using the most recent build of Mixcraft. Checked for updates this morning and it said I have the most recent version.

I use a Presonus Audiobox USB that supports 24 bit /44100 and 24 bit/48000. I would have to check again to see if it's consistently crashing at one sample rate or the other, but I'm almost certain that it has crashed at both rates. I would prefer to run at 48000, as the latency is slightly lower than 44100 with Presonus' Asio drivers (very slightly, admittedly, but every bit counts).
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

44100 or 48000 Hz should be no problem. Make sure you've got the latest driver for your Presonus Audiobox.

If that doesn't help, the next time this happens, quit Mixcraft immediately and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 7 and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

With Windows 8, hold down the Windows key and press R, then copy and paste the following path into the run box:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Press OK and this will bring up the folder where mixcraft-log.txt is located.

Greg
Rambler40

Post by Rambler40 »

I already made sure that I have the latest drivers installed for the Audiobox. Thanks for the info about the log file location. I will try to get the plugin to crash again after work today and sent you guys the log file. Thanks for the help.