How to copy midi controllers in Mixcraft?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ikmb

How to copy midi controllers in Mixcraft?

Post by Ikmb »

How do I copy a midi control parameter to another midi track in mixcraft? For example:

I want to copy the pitch bends and other effects from one midi track to another midi track in another midi file in a copy & paste fashion.

If for any reason there is absoulutely no way to accomplish this in mixcraft can someone recommend me something else that can? Thanks.
outteh

Re: How to copy midi controllers in Mixcraft?

Post by outteh »

You could duplicate the track and then delete the midi notes from the second track.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Outteh's solution is probably the best solution for now (because it's the only solution at this point). Mixcraft does not yet support copying midi parameter data between clips, although Mixcraft 7 supports copying automation lane data.

As for other programs, I have no experience with any other DAW with this capability.
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

Ah I see, a reverse method sort of way eh? Never thought of that. So, delete the current notes in a midi track, copy the notes from another and paste them in the midi track in question? I'll give it a shot thanks. Wish there was a better way to do this in Mixcraft, they'll probably add a feature like that in the future.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg