How to save VST Presets when upgrading to Mixcraft 7?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FFBlue3973

How to save VST Presets when upgrading to Mixcraft 7?

Post by FFBlue3973 »

Hi, I recently finished up an ep with Mixcraft, so figure now would be a great time to upgrade from 6 to 7, looking forward to the new features, even the little things like multiple automation lanes open at once will be awesome! Getting the pro version for the first time as well to get started on learning some basic mastering tools.

Anyway, was curious if there was a way to batch export, or transfer over in some way, saved presets that I've created over the past few years, both from built-in effects and 3rd party vsts. For example, have a dozen or so different basic EQ presets for varying instruments in EasyQ, which would be not that time consuming to recreate I suppose, but with some more involved vsts like Superior Drummer, I would love to not lose my kits I've worked on from the ground up. Is there a consistent method to save data like this or a folder to copy out of? Or will I need to figure it out on a case-by-case basis depending on the effect. Even things like whole effect chains presets would be great to export over to 7.

When I upgraded from 5 to 6, I didn't have nearly as many custom setting amassed, so IIRC I just punted everything and started from scratch, would love to not do that again.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I did try to poke around a little bit to see if I could find the answer on here already, found this quick topic, just wasn't positive if the same situation could be applied here, apologies for redundant query if that is indeed the case:
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... 93&p=45026
gypsy101

Re: How to save VST Presets when upgrading to Mixcraft 7?

Post by gypsy101 »

I'm going from memory so forgive me. :roll:
if you open a MC6 project in MC7 everything will be there.

the problem is that Mixcraft 6 had a bug that wouldn't allow it to remember the names of user created/named custom presets & chains so you'll have to go in on each track & name the chain or individual FX preset unless it's a "stock" preset name.

if you don't want to go through transferring & opening every MC6 project into MC 7. go into your Mixcraft 6 VST folder & copy/paste each VST over to the VST folder in Mixcraft 7. it should all be there.