Group Tracks! here we go again!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Scythe

Group Tracks! here we go again!!

Post by Scythe »

Ok - it seems a little bit ridiculous that there is no group tracks feature in Mixcraft at all!

It doesn't seem to be that hard to put this feature in there and yet time after time, with each successive Mixcraft version, this basic BASIC!! feature is totally ignored! :roll:

Listen Acoustica peeps - personally I DON'T want silly candy shit stuff like 'treble cream' and this and that fancy plug-in!
It's all marketing nonsense and you know it!

100's of incredible super fancy plug-ins (that as a customer I can almost GUARANTEE 99% of your customers don't or won't bother to end up using anyway) won't help sell more!

I'd rather pay for BASIC features to be in there. I'd like to have control over which group of tracks faders I'd like to affect - there is even a default 'ALL' tracks group feature in Protools (& I suspect a lot of pro level DAWS out there)

I'm sure there are some other BASIC features missing from this lovely piece of kit that I love, that you guys just don't want to bother with...I wonder why!

I'm starting to drift away from MX a little bit now that there are other possibilities out there...which make life a little bit easier for an intermediate recording person like me.

MX was A1 as a starter but I wonder if it has the depth one requires after you grow out of the noob phase.

Rant over. :shock:
Scythe

Re: Group Tracks! here we go again!!

Post by Scythe »

Alternatively, does anyone know of any plug-in (one that's actually useful) that will group tracks for MX7 pro?
outteh

Post by outteh »

So submix doesn't work for you? When you say " group tracks " isn't this like putting them into a submix?
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

As opposed to the Submix feature?

-ha, you beat me by one minute, Tom
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

no no! not submix but a feature that lets you create groups of tracks so that their faders can be manipulated together - kinda like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enhcve9Lblc

start at 4.31 mins.

submixes are useless if I already have submixes for drums, vocals 7 guitar for e.g; (unless submixes can be put into new submixes) but want to affect faders for all guitars and all drums at the same time - just watch the video starting at 4.31 mins and it will be clear what I mean.
outteh

Post by outteh »

With a midi controller and using midi learn, you could control the volume of several tracks with one fader/wheel.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Well, submixes can't be put into submixes (tried).

Would be a nice feature, the ability to lock faders together.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Greg
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Play the game Greg, it's not as though you haven't had that request multiple times before. Select tracks with CTRL+left click then "do" things - such as adjusting the faders.

Also, submixes within submixes. It's a basic requisite that's been requested over and over again. Surely it can't be THAT difficult to implement?
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Grouping tracks would be a major plus for me as well.
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

aj113 wrote:Play the game Greg, it's not as though you haven't had that request multiple times before. Select tracks with CTRL+left click then "do" things - such as adjusting the faders.

Also, submixes within submixes. It's a basic requisite that's been requested over and over again. Surely it can't be THAT difficult to implement?
AJ,

What, exactly, do you think "thanks for the suggestion" means? :P

Greg
Brother Charles

Post by Brother Charles »

I would really appreciate this feature too. :)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

I could understand grouping better for a live sound mix but there has got to be limitations for anything software. Of course, I also wanted every feature that Prostools offers for less than $200 but I am a citizen of Realville.

If I wanted to group tracks in Mixcraft I would take 2 minutes and turn all the tracks involved into a wav file and run with it.

Of course, if Acoustica was to find it necessary to have a grouping feature, I'd believe it could also be tied in with track color cheap enough.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
AJ,

What, exactly, do you think "thanks for the suggestion" means? :P

Greg
I didn't explain myself very well. What I means is - we're past the 'thanks for the suggestion' stage. We have had 'thanks for the suggestion' many times. It's time to actually do it now.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

AHornsby wrote:I could understand grouping better for a live sound mix but there has got to be limitations for anything software. Of course, I also wanted every feature that Prostools offers for less than $200 but I am a citizen of Realville.
The request is not for some highly sophisticated function, it's for a basic requisite - as basic as cut and paste.
If I wanted to group tracks in Mixcraft I would take 2 minutes and turn all the tracks involved into a wav file and run with it.
That's 'mixing down', not 'grouping'.