AUX Sends For Multi-out VSTs

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Brother Charles

AUX Sends For Multi-out VSTs

Post by Brother Charles »

Hi Gang,

In my current project track, I'm using Native Instrument's "Abbey Road 70's Drummer" in a multi-out configuration. Instead of relying on the built-in IRs, I would prefer to use a 3rd party EMT250 modelled reverb on the snare and all three rack toms. Unfortunately, this increases my overhead considerably.

Here's an important feature that will make Mixcraft even more pro-engineer friendly:

"Send/Aux" bus capabilities on individual 'child' channels for multi-out VSTIs. For example, EZdrummer or Kontakt. In mixcraft's present form, we have to resort to using inserts. This works ok, but is kind of inefficient. This workflow is somewhat cludgy and it puts a lot more demand on CPU/RAM.

Is this doable? Must we wait for the next major release or can this be implemented in Mixcraft 7.2 ? :)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
chibear

Re: AUX Sends For Multi-out VSTs

Post by chibear »

Not a perfect solution, but as it turns out I've been messing with NI stuff a lot lately, not Abbey Road but others. While you're waiting for the upgrade, how about running separate tracks for each instrument and putting them in submixes with the verb applied there.

Other than the added RAM and CPU use, the only glitch I found that when running several instances of the same library you should run each on a different MIDI channel, which would have been done in a multi setup anyway. However I find that visually the submix setup is much less confusing.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Brother Charles

Hi CB.

Nah, each instance of 70s drummer requires over 750MB. In Mx 6, I would mix down each drum channel as a separate audio track and put them together into a sub mix track. Again this is not HDD-space friendly, requires a lot of extra time, and is a rather convoluted workflow.

This feature I've requested *is in other DAWs, but they cost a few hundred $$ more. ;)
chibear wrote:Not a perfect solution, but as it turns out I've been messing with NI stuff a lot lately, not Abbey Road but others. While you're waiting for the upgrade, how about running separate tracks for each instrument and putting them in submixes with the verb applied there.

Other than the added RAM and CPU use, the only glitch I found that when running several instances of the same library you should run each on a different MIDI channel, which would have been done in a multi setup anyway. However I find that visually the submix setup is much less confusing.
Last edited by Brother Charles on Fri May 08, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This probably wouldn't be a Mixcraft 7.xx feature, but thank you for the suggestion!

Greg
Brother Charles

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

This probably wouldn't be a Mixcraft 7.xx feature, but thank you for the suggestion!

Greg
Hmmph! Huff puff *scowl.
:mrgreen:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles