MixDown options

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FasTo_DirL

MixDown options

Post by FasTo_DirL »

Hi,

I am using Mix Craft Pro 7, and I would like to know what are the best settings, MHz ect. for each type of music file. As in Mp3 Wav ogg ect.

So basically what attributes will yield the highest quality of music for each type of file. Also if you could "order" from highest to lowest, the file types -- based on quality I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks
-FasTo_DirL+
geo524

Re: MixDown options

Post by geo524 »

Wave = Highest Quality. Large file size
mp3 is a compressed file format

For a thorough understanding about .ogg files check out the wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

For me Wave is the best quality. mp3's are best for sending songs to friends, family, etc... via email because they are smaller sizes and don't take up a lot of bandwidth. Usually 128, 192, 256 and 320 kbps are the standard mp3 file sizes. 256 and 320 are very close to the sound quality of a Wave file.

I've never used .ogg files but there's another format called .flac which is the same quality as a wave file but smaller in size.

Hope this helps...
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
aj113

Post by aj113 »

FasTo_DirL wrote:Hi,

I am using Mix Craft Pro 7, and I would like to know what are the best settings, MHz ect. for each type of music file. As in Mp3 Wav ogg ect.
The highest settings give the highest quality.

..Also if you could "order" from highest to lowest, the file types -- based on quality I would very much appreciate it.

-FasTo_DirL+[/quote]Wav first - the others are all about the same.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

WAV - best but larger file size MP3 compressed, less drive space - but I challenge you to spot the difference :wink:

EDIT: Home studio application
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
FasTo_DirL

Post by FasTo_DirL »

Hmm. interesting Aj.. Thanks Geo. yeah the oggs are kinda scary haha ;). But what about the Frequencies, Is it already
preset to optimum sound quality?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can't add quality when you mix down, so the optimum sample rate would be the one you're using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences. If you were using a sample rate setting of 44100 Hz in Mixcraft's sound device preferences, mix down to a wav file that has a sample rate of 44100 Hz. If your sample rate is set to 48000 Hz, mix down to that,

Greg