Can't find WAV files outside of software

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rageman

Can't find WAV files outside of software

Post by Rageman »

Maybe this is a problem with my PC but I recorded audio with my MCHS6 and mixed it down into a wav file. Since I don't have the option to crate mp3 files with it I use Spin It Again to do it. Had no problem locating the WAV file with it. Go to attempt to make an AAC file with iTunes for my iPhone. Can't find the WAV file in the destination folder. Manual search in the folder nor full hard drive search turns up nothing. I'm at a loss. Are they only visible with Acoustica software now? This is weird. Never had this happen before.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Can't find WAV files outside of software

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try saving your files in a different folder. Files that are saved inside Windows system folders, including "\Program Files" can be hidden from your view by a Windows security feature. If you browse to the folder using Windows file explorer, you can click the "Compatibility Files" option at the top of file explorer:

Greg
Rageman

Post by Rageman »

Where do I find that in Win 8.1?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Rageman wrote:Where do I find that in Win 8.1?
Hi,

I was afraid you might have Windows 8. Microsoft removed the "Compatibility Files" option in Windows 8 for some silly reason. Let's say that you saved some files in the "C:Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 5" folder. Instead of actually going into that folder, it would go into a folder in your own user files:

C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 5

Replace "USER_NAME" with your actual Windows login name.

Greg
Rageman

Post by Rageman »

it actually is in that (C:Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 5) folder. I have no idea how that happened. BUT when I try to save it in my Music folder, I get a message saying "The network path could not be found"