Uncompressed Vocal to Send Track Only/Not Mix Bus

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Railway Mark

Uncompressed Vocal to Send Track Only/Not Mix Bus

Post by Railway Mark »

My objective is to route an uncompressed vocal track to a send track (reverb fx) without hearing any of the dry track through the mix bus. I only want to hear the 100% wet reverb so that it can be mixed alongside a compressed vocal duplicate. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the only way to route the uncompressed vocal to the send is with the fader up/going to the mix bus.

This is a common technique that pro studios use, and I prefer it because the reverb only really comes through at louder points. In my opinion, it's much more musical than just slapping a reverb directly onto a vocal track.

Thanks in advance for your input!

-Railway Mark
Mark Bliss

Re: Uncompressed Vocal to Send Track Only/Not Mix Bus

Post by Mark Bliss »

Are you talking about sending an unprocessed signal to a send bus, with reverb set to 100% wet and blending it back into the original signal maybe? If not, I'm unsure what you mean.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hello,

Right-click on the Send knob on your vocal track and select "Pre Volume Adjustment". This will set the send knob to occur before the fader. Set your track fader to be silent, and use the Send knob to send the vocal to your send track.

This will allow you to send the track to the send bug without any of it being heard in the main mix.

Dan
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Ah, now I see what was intended, thanks for that Dan!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
martinweeks

Post by martinweeks »

Hey Mark, I was just skimming through the posts and found the one above about right mousing the send knob and so on. In one of your PM's you spoke briefly about getting my drum tracks to sound more realistic. Would this technique lend to that purpose?

Marty
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

No, that has very little or nothing to do with what I was suggesting in my PM.
I was thinking, arrangement, composition, basics. And what I was suggesting was based on an observation and very much a guess, based on one track I heard, with little or no knowledge of what you did or what you were going for.

It's a somewhat advanced routing, and I would love to know more about what Railway Mark is doing with his vocal reverb send myself.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page