unable to load multiple VST's

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mab098157

unable to load multiple VST's

Post by Mab098157 »

Searched the forum, and found a similar issue with the solution being edit vstignore.ini. Tried that with no success. My log shows:
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Scanning VST effects.
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Scanning VST effects.
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : VST Base Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Search Path #0: C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Search Path #1: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Search Path #2: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Search Path #3: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins\
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Search Path #4: C:\Program Files (x86)\VST\
22:26:52 [ 40 mils] : Search Path #5: C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\
22:26:52 [ 41 mils] : Search Path #6: C:\Users\Bowie\Downloads\TT255_EZdrummer_Lite_WIN\TT255_EZdrummer_Lite_WIN\
22:26:52 [ 41 mils] : Search Path #7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\
22:26:52 [ 41 mils] : Search Path #8: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\
22:26:52 [ 41 mils] : Search Path #9: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\
22:26:52 [ 41 mils] : Search Path #10: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\Acoustica\
22:26:52 [ 41 mils] : Search Path #11: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\
22:26:52 [ 41 mils] : Local Search Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\
22:26:52 [127 mils] : -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\
22:26:52 [127 mils] : -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\
22:26:52 [128 mils] : VST Effect C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\3rd_Bass.dll ignored.
22:26:52 [128 mils] : VST Effect C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\7amp-noisegate-1.dll ignored.

and on and on, but my vstIgnore.ini only has:

; The following VST effects will be filtered out
; - Format:
; Any Part Of Dll Name
; - or
; Any Part Of Dll Name.dll
; - Examples:
; BrokenFX (removes all effects with BrokenFX in their name)
; BrokenFX Super Reverb.dll (removes only BrokenFX Super Reverb.dll)
nsp.dll
msvcp
msvcr
C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\Pultronic Tube EQ.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\VstPlugins\SpinBug.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\LePou Plugins Solo C FullStack v1_04.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\3rdParty\3rd_Bass.dll

ini doesn't have everything showing ignored in the log??? essentially it is only loading directx effects.

Any suggestions?
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
davefk

Re: unable to load multiple VST's

Post by davefk »

Make a backup of the ini file and then remove everything below the last ;

Remove below the line: ; BrokenFX Super Reverb.dll (removes only BrokenFX Super Reverb.dll)

Then save the ini and then see if you have success....

Hope that helps

Dave
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

Thanks dave, but didn't work.

If I have to reinstall anything I should do first to prepare regarding vst, plugins, projects, presets, saved loops, etc?
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
davefk

Post by davefk »

Mab098157 wrote:Thanks dave, but didn't work.

If I have to reinstall anything I should do first to prepare regarding vst, plugins, projects, presets, saved loops, etc?
Just re-install, the software don't uninstall anything and it should be fine. By the way, just to confirm, this is Mixcraft 6 you are having trouble with?
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

Yep 6 last build. Tried loading proximity plugin last night. Not sure if that is the culprit yet.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
davefk

Post by davefk »

Mab098157 wrote:Yep 6 last build. Tried loading proximity plugin last night. Not sure if that is the culprit yet.
How are you getting on? Any luck with a fix yet? :D
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

Thanks for checking up Dave. I uninstalled and reinstalled from 6 build 199. After having issues with loading the next builds with no success I logged a support ticket. They gave me a link to build 217, but before trying that I performed a restore from 6/23. That did the trick. Now I have to figure out if a win 7 updated caused the issue and avoid it. Bottom line back working on tracks today. Frustration from missing several hours during the holiday is subsiding. 8)
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
davefk

Post by davefk »

Mab098157 wrote:Thanks for checking up Dave. I uninstalled and reinstalled from 6 build 199. After having issues with loading the next builds with no success I logged a support ticket. They gave me a link to build 217, but before trying that I performed a restore from 6/23. That did the trick. Now I have to figure out if a win 7 updated caused the issue and avoid it. Bottom line back working on tracks today. Frustration from missing several hours during the holiday is subsiding. 8)
Hi Mark

You are welcome. At least you have some indication to what is happening, and that the support guys are covering it to. :-)
davefk

Post by davefk »

davefk wrote:
Mab098157 wrote:Thanks for checking up Dave. I uninstalled and reinstalled from 6 build 199. After having issues with loading the next builds with no success I logged a support ticket. They gave me a link to build 217, but before trying that I performed a restore from 6/23. That did the trick. Now I have to figure out if a win 7 updated caused the issue and avoid it. Bottom line back working on tracks today. Frustration from missing several hours during the holiday is subsiding. 8)
Hi Mark

You are welcome. At least you have some indication to what is happening, and that the support guys are covering it to. :-)

I have just ran my version of MX6 6.1 217 and that cant see ant plugin locations either.. So I seem to have the same issue. :(
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

davefk wrote:I have just ran my version of MX6 6.1 217 and that cant see ant plugin locations either.. So I seem to have the same issue. :(
Hi,

What issue are you having? What do you mean when you say you can't see any plugin locations?

Greg
davefk

Post by davefk »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
davefk wrote:I have just ran my version of MX6 6.1 217 and that cant see ant plugin locations either.. So I seem to have the same issue. :(
Hi,

What issue are you having? What do you mean when you say you can't see any plugin locations?

Greg
Hi Greg

None of my third party plugins are being loaded only the Acoustica Mixcraft ones even though my VST paths are OK....
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have "Load VST Effects and Instruments (VST/VSTi)" check marked in your Plug-Ins preferences?

Greg
davefk

Post by davefk »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Do you have "Load VST Effects and Instruments (VST/VSTi)" check marked in your Plug-Ins preferences?

Greg
Of course...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's always good to check the simple stuff first. Send us your log file and we'll check it out.

Quit Mixcraft if it's running, then send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 7 and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg