Audio interface

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

gypsy101

Re: Audio interface

Post by gypsy101 »

Focusrite has said a few times that their usb 3.0 driver is sketchy.

http://us.focusrite.com/downloads?product=Scarlett+2i2

2i2 USB 2.0 Driver - Windows
09/04/2014
Click here for more details:
USB2.0 Driver – Win(2.5.1)
Fixes:
•Fixes the cause of some blue screens when connecting to/disconnecting from USB 3.0 ports on certain systems
•Fixes a problem where some users were unable to open the ASIO driver in their DAW

Tested with:
•Windows 7
•Windows 8
blaze591

Post by blaze591 »

I would recommend to Focusrite users that they check out the beta drivers. The current drivers for the 2i2 are pretty poor in my opinion, a shame because the hardware is good. Interesting the discussion about class a/B preamp design, but for an effective audio interface the software is as important as the hardware. The beta drivers are a lot more stable.

http://beta.focusrite.com/

I've been using the 3.1.10 beta drivers for a while and have had no issues at all. Much better than the 2.5 official ones.
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

From what I gather I think my (Old) PC has USB 2.0 ports, I will figure out which driver to use.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think blaze591's suggestion is a good one. From our testing, we know that the 64-bit Focusrite drivers can crash, and hopefully this issue is addressed in the beta drivers.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

My earlier post was intended to express that I also found the Focusrite description of the driver applications confusing. Sorry if I added to the confusion with my wording.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
marc32123

Post by marc32123 »

Its okay Mark, I was the one confused. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled the driver you guys posted in that link, later to realize today that I have the 2i2 not the scarlett solo. Woops :lol: