MP3 RENDERING

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

vicarito

MP3 RENDERING

Post by vicarito »

I would appreciate some guidance in the following subject:

I have a song with 6 tracks and I would like to make an MP3 but continue working with it afterwards.
QUESTION: Can I make an MP3 and then add new instruments and make later another MP3 with the new tracks added ??
(OR AFTER YOU MIX AND MAKE AN MP3 YOU CAN NOT WORK WITH THE SONG ANY LONGER?)

Sorry for the basic of the question but it's the first time I try to make MP3.(ANY OTHER GUIDANCE REGARDING THIS SUBJECT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED)

Also, if I use the "best quality" option , will I still be able to send the MP3 over the internet?? (EMAIL, FACEBOOK ETC...) or the file could become too large?(IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE SIZE OF THE FILE IF YOU WANT TO SEND VIA EMAIL?)

Thank you very much

vicarito
Acoustica Greg

Re: MP3 RENDERING

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Save your project and you can change that. Once you make it into a MP3 file, everything will be mixed together and you won't be able to do all the things you could do in your Mixcraft project.

Yes, if you choose the highest quality, the file will be larger. The maximum file size for your email will vary, depending on your email provider and the recipient's email provider. You might need to use a service like Dropbox if the file is too large.

Greg
vicarito

Post by vicarito »

Thank you very much for your answer
vicarito
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Vicarito,

You ask two questions.

1) Are you trying to save space? Not relevant these days.
You should never consider compressing your recordings in lieu of working with them again. Compression is lossy and can amount, although technically you can import mp3´s.

2) e-mail servers may have restrictions as to how large an attachment (mp3) can be. A mp3 file can easily have 2-5 MBytes. You would need some service like soundcloud or some webspace that allows for uploading large files (such as the before mentioned dropbox) for uploading such files. I personally prefer to render to 44.1 kHz audio and use a freeware mp3 converter like LameXP. Fiddle with the settings til you´re content to get filesize down.
Your adressee´s mail server might still reject the mail.

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I think the first part of the OP's question might be confusing, and the answers given thus far not very good at clearing it up. If I understand correctly......

Vicarito, if you render your project, (regardless of format, that's another issue altogether.) Your original Mixcraft project remains intact, and unchanged on your computer. Yes you can continue to work on that, and change it as you wish, and render another mix or version of it at any time. (You can also save different versions of the project under different names, and have multiple versions of your project on your computer.)

As to the second part, file sizes and email, as has been described already, yes you can easily exceed the size allowed by many email service providers. And yes, even though your service may allow the larger file, the recipients service may not. That is why the suggestion was made to use a service such as Dropbox. (And in doing so, the need for compressing the audio files via MP3 may be found to be unnecessary too.)

Also be aware that if you use Soundcloud, it is my understanding that if you upload .wav, as I do, the streaming content to online listeners is basically a high quality MP3, BUT....... If you allow downloads of your content, they have assured me it is the same .wav file I uploaded.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
vicarito

Post by vicarito »

I really appreciate all your answers. I think Dropbox will be the best way to go.
vicarito