Feature Request

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Feature Request

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I've been around for awhile now and haven't seen this mentioned and not sure it's even possible.

I've noticed that with a bunch of my plugins I can put my cursor on, or in the same 'field' as a knob or slider and use my mouse scroll wheel to manipulate and use knob or slider.

Again, not sure if this is on the radar or if it's even possible but I use my scroll wheel a lot with plugins. It's a great feature and really convenient.

Thanks,

M

Re: Feature Request

Post by 7915983 »

While we're on the topic of feature requests, it would be really useful if we could zoom in more on the tracks, that would lead to more precise editing.
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

There's no dedicated section for feature requests?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Answer to post one is I think, that it is VST specific and therefore VST developer reliant. Seems more modern ones allow that function.

Answer to post two:
Yes that has been suggested in various threads hasn't it? I seem to recall it being answered as being a potential feature for a future version. Meaning Mixcraft 8, or perhaps 9. As you know, it's on the feature request list already.
I suspect it requires a major overhaul of the audio engine and perhaps other fish are occupying the frying pan currently.

Answer to post 3:
Why yes, there kind of is!
But it doesn't matter I guess. :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

At some point, we'll have a Mixcraft 8 feature request topic, like we did for Mixcraft 7.

In the meantime, there are topics like this one that we (Acoustica staff) read.

Greg
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Mark Bliss wrote:Answer to post one is I think, that it is VST specific and therefore VST developer reliant. Seems more modern ones allow that function.
I thought the OP meant that he would like to see that functionality in other areas of Mixcraft, like volume sliders, etc.

I wonder if each of us has that one feature that we REALLY want to see implemented, and that if it doesn't get implemented next time, we'll roll our eyes so hard it will throw the Earth off its axis.

I know for sami it's the zooming in thing. :)

For me it's being able to use playback loop boundaries as a selection for editing. I still have the imprint of a palm on my face from when I couldn't get anyone to understand what I was even talking about. "Loop? Loop? Just click on the Sound tab...." :roll:
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I thought the OP meant that he would like to see that functionality in other areas of Mixcraft, like volume sliders, etc.
Perhaps thats it. It's often hard to interpret exact meaning.

Personally, while I have a small simple list of desires logged as requests, I actually am very happy with Mixcraft just the way it is. My number one wish is that it remains pretty much just as it is. Intuitive and easy to understand. It continues to be quite stable and functions just as desired for me.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Starship Krupa wrote:
Mark Bliss wrote:Answer to post one is I think, that it is VST specific and therefore VST developer reliant. Seems more modern ones allow that function.
Yes, it was what I meant. To be able to use my mouse scroller for knobs and sliders in MC.

M
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Mark Bliss wrote: Personally, while I have a small simple list of desires logged as requests, I actually am very happy with Mixcraft just the way it is. My number one wish is that it remains pretty much just as it is. Intuitive and easy to understand. It continues to be quite stable and functions just as desired for me.
As I've used the program, participated in beta testing, read and posted on these forums, it's occurred to me that Mixcraft is probably the bee's knees for people who think (or learn to think) in terms of clips.

Which I haven't done so much with recording software until I got to Mixcraft. I'm used to being oriented toward tracks, like the basic element is the track, and you can take bits out of it and move them other places, copy them, whatever, but it's all about the track.

And most of the time that's the way I use it, too. I record big long pieces of music and then go to work on them with the DAW.

I can easily wind up with a 30-minute piece where there are no individual clips other than a 30-minute audio clip on each track all the way across. And never touch the Sound tab or open the library once during the whole thing.

But I think that with Mixcraft, the basic element is the clip and to make a track the thinking is that you'll (usually) string together a bunch of clips, and then you move this clip here, that clip there, copy it, stretch it, trim it, transpose it, whatever.

Just my impression; maybe I have it wrong.
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Interesting perspective. I think there are nearly as many workflows as users.

Generally, I work with clips in the editing stages, cutting and chopping and splicing. Merge them to tracks for mixing.

And I never use the sound tab for audio.

The library content is great for throwing together a quick guide track, creating practice projects and so forth, but personally I have little use for loops in more serious projects. If it were easily editable without being such a time-suck, I would likely delete about 80% for my own personal needs. If for no other reason than to make the library more navigable.
But that's just me. I accept that others find and create treasures there.

The recently added samples, combined with my own collection however is something else. Great potential for many uses.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page