Adding Automation to a SubMix Track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Slimy

Adding Automation to a SubMix Track

Post by Slimy »

I want to add automation to the EZQ Equalizer and have it affect an entire SubMix track. But there doesn't seem to be any way to add effects automation to SubMix tracks at all.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Adding Automation to a SubMix Track

Post by Rolling Estonian »

If I'm not mistaken, sure you can. Make ezq an effect in your sub mix track then check the drop down for what you'd like to do, then assign points and automation to the track with the automation line.

M
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

You're completely correct, I didn't notice it because it didn't have the same button/icon as every other track.
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Wait, no. For some reason, the SubMix track I'm using specifically in my project won't let me automate effects, but any new SubMix track I make will. And I can't chain one SubMix to another!

Could it be because some of the tracks in the SubMix have their own EZQ Equalizer effects?

Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Apologies for the triple post, but - the drop down was hiding itself completely because I made the size of the track too small.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I hate when I run into an issue, not just with MC but any electronics....... You start to freak out and then do the simplest thing and voila! lol

Glad it's working out for you.

M