How to delete un-wanted plug-ins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Studio 919

How to delete un-wanted plug-ins

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey Y'all,

I went to "Plug-In Management" and see the different categories, one of which is named, "Unable to Load". There are several in this category that I want to delete. I referred to "Help" and on page 264-265 it says that I can create a new "Collection". Then I can drag and drop the relevant plug-ins into that collection. Once they are in this collection I can delete the collection.

So, I created a new collection called, "To Be Deleted". But, I'm not able to do the drag and drop thing. I can't figure a way to move the plug-ins FROM the "Unable to Load" category INTO the "To Be Deleted" collection.

I know that I must be missing something, I just don't know what else to try.

Instruction on how to delete these un-wanted plug-ins will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Barry

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm using MC7 Pro, 32 bit, build 277.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Acoustica Greg

Re: How to delete un-wanted plug-ins

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you want to remove the plugins from your computer? Go into the Windows control panel and see if they have an option to uninstall them.

Greg
Studio 919

Re: How to delete un-wanted plug-ins

Post by Studio 919 »

Thanks for the reply Greg.

Before I started using Mixcraft, I had downloaded and tried REAPER, which I still have on my pc. I just don't use REAPER any more. Anyway, there is one plugin that comes with REAPER that I was trying to use within a MC project. I entered the REAPER plugin path into MC but unfortunately, it listed ALL the REAPER plugins as "Unable to Load". So, I ran system restore and that removed them from MC.

I think I'll try copying the .dll file into MC.

Again, thanks for the response.

Barry
No matter where you go, there you are.