MC7-Win 10?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MRJONAH

MC7-Win 10?

Post by MRJONAH »

I just received an upgrade offer from Windows for Win 10. About 95% of my PC use is MC7 dominated \m/. I don't use apps or most "bells & whistles" that OS's come with. It 10 MC7 compatible? TY
Acoustica Greg

Re: MC7-Win 10?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 7 works just fine with Windows 10 in our testing.

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

Read some info on the so-called Win 10 free upgrade. It's an overlay onto the existing system and not a clean install. Also, once installed there is no going back. This free version is not quite the same as what will be sold and could have issues on some systems. They are touting buyer beware. Just a heads up.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

In my experience its ALWAYS a bad idea to upgrade an OS upon first release. I always wait a while and see what issues arise for others first.

And ultimately, the big question is going to be driver compatibility. IE: Will those established W7 drivers work in 10? If not, will developers get W10 drivers to market quickly? Will they be good drivers? Etc.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

Yes, Driver issues are my biggest concern. And writing a driver is not something that is done over night...it takes tons of testing. Which is why its always best to wait. Im intrigued though because I'd like to see how Mixcrafts handles in a significant touch screen environment
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hobbs wrote:Yes, Driver issues are my biggest concern. And writing a driver is not something that is done over night...it takes tons of testing. Which is why its always best to wait. Im intrigued though because I'd like to see how Mixcrafts handles in a significant touch screen environment
Hi,

Mixcraft isn't optimized for touch screen, and we're not worried about that for the immediate future. It would require making all the controls giant-sized. It's better to use a mouse or a control surface.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Please.......
. ........Dont! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
BLS

Post by BLS »

"Free" & "Microsoft" 'nuff said ;)
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

MC may not be optimized for touch screen, but it works. Not that I prefer it to keyboard, mouse or control surface, but it's doable.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yup, controlling the transport and faders works just fine with touch screens, it's the finer operations, like manipulating MIDI notes or automation that would be a pain.

Greg
martinweeks

Post by martinweeks »

Mark Bliss wrote:In my experience its ALWAYS a bad idea to upgrade an OS upon first release. I always wait a while and see what issues arise for others first.

And ultimately, the big question is going to be driver compatibility. IE: Will those established W7 drivers work in 10? If not, will developers get W10 drivers to market quickly? Will they be good drivers? Etc.
I absolutely agree with this. Microsoft is "LEGENDARY' for false starts on OS's. (Vista? Windows 2000 etc.)

Also something else to think about...do you want to spend your time learning a new OS or do you want to spend that time refining and developing your skills as a mixer/songwriter etc.
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Mark Bliss wrote:In my experience its ALWAYS a bad idea to upgrade an OS upon first release. I always wait a while and see what issues arise for others first.

+1000!
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
MRJONAH

Post by MRJONAH »

I like MC7 & Win 7. I don't see a reason to change any time soon!