Okay this is a strange one but I will ask

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

martinweeks

Okay this is a strange one but I will ask

Post by martinweeks »

Hi folks, Happy Weekend to all.

I happen to really like a vsti plug in called amplesound. It is an acoustic guitar sequencer vsti. Very good too. I was using it before my XP laptop got sick from a virus and stopped working. In fact recorded several nice songs using this plug in.

While it is by design to be best used with a midi keyboard controller, it has a section called a "Strummer" which works very similiarly to Omni Sampler and Performer in MC.

This "Strummer" feature functions very much in the same manner as the performer. In that I can click Preset chord patterns by chord and the plug in will play the pattern. yes I know it's midi but when using the performer one is supposed to be able to record the wav sound generated to an audio track. And I have done this. I have also used it in conjunction with the keyboard and recorded to instrument tracks.

However, this time around as I had to re download it to my new computer (win 7 and 4 gigs of ram now) the plug in works just fine with the midi but will not record the out put wav sound to an audio track.

So...my question is: am I missing a specific step in the process with MC for recording midi sound output to an audio track?
I tried to include an mp3 of the actual song but the forum server says it's too big. Sorry.
Anyone familiar with amplesound your advice would be most welcome, and if it's just me forgetting a procedure before recording in MC please chime in. I am anxious to get back to using this plug in again as it's sound is so good. Thanks.
fredfish

Re: Okay this is a strange one but I will ask

Post by fredfish »

Sorry Martin no answer to your question - just to say thanks for the info about Amplesound - I have just checked out the "Lite" version of the plugin and it looks pretty good. Just about to work my way through the manual (60 pages!) but first impressions are that it is a great plugin.

Do you use the lite or the full version?

BTW best way to post sound files is to use something like Soundcloud and to then post the link.

Cheers

John

Post by 7915983 »

martinweeks wrote:Hi folks, Happy Weekend to all.

I happen to really like a vsti plug in called amplesound. It is an acoustic guitar sequencer vsti. Very good too. I was using it before my XP laptop got sick from a virus and stopped working. In fact recorded several nice songs using this plug in.

While it is by design to be best used with a midi keyboard controller, it has a section called a "Strummer" which works very similiarly to Omni Sampler and Performer in MC.

This "Strummer" feature functions very much in the same manner as the performer. In that I can click Preset chord patterns by chord and the plug in will play the pattern. yes I know it's midi but when using the performer one is supposed to be able to record the wav sound generated to an audio track. And I have done this. I have also used it in conjunction with the keyboard and recorded to instrument tracks.

However, this time around as I had to re download it to my new computer (win 7 and 4 gigs of ram now) the plug in works just fine with the midi but will not record the out put wav sound to an audio track.

So...my question is: am I missing a specific step in the process with MC for recording midi sound output to an audio track?
I tried to include an mp3 of the actual song but the forum server says it's too big. Sorry.
Anyone familiar with amplesound your advice would be most welcome, and if it's just me forgetting a procedure before recording in MC please chime in. I am anxious to get back to using this plug in again as it's sound is so good. Thanks.
Here's something that might help, just record the midi track, and then convert that to a wav file, by right clicking the track and selecting "mix to new audio track".
martinweeks

Post by martinweeks »

Yes it's a monster. I love it. It's really great for adding in say a second guitar solo (light single note picking)

also here's a funny one. The included "effects" pedals are not all that great...but the distortion/fuzz box effects pedal if mixed right actually can make the acoustic guitar get that old school "Leslie West/Mountain" heavy thrash guitar sound. Not clean but sure sounds good.

Let me know if you figure out how to use the "Strummer" set up to record live to audio tracks. I've done it so can't understand why it's not working for me now. I was going to include an attached mp3 of this but the server says the file is too big. Rats.

Have a nice weekend.
martinweeks

Post by martinweeks »

>>Here's something that might help, just record the midi track, and then convert that to a wav file, by right clicking the track and selecting "mix to new audio track".<<

just spotted the comment. I will give it a try today. Thanks.