Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Sami Seif wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:Yeah I know that, what I'm asking for, is the ability to have even smaller tracks (vertically), so that I could see even more tracks at a time, cz some of my projects have more than 40 tracks, so I want to be able to see all the tracks at a time.
How would that be different from the current small track height setting? (Track menu > Properties > Track Height > Small)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Someone recommended this a long time ago didn't they?
I don't know how much smaller you could go and still have any useful functionality.
track height.jpg
track height.jpg (28.69 KiB) Viewed 11736 times
If you trimmed a little more, it might make it possible to fit about three more tracks on a typical screen?
How much reprogramming effort is that worth?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I guess mentioning submix tracks would be sort of useless huh? Personally, I don't like seeing that many tracks.

M

Post by 7915983 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Sami Seif wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:Yeah I know that, what I'm asking for, is the ability to have even smaller tracks (vertically), so that I could see even more tracks at a time, cz some of my projects have more than 40 tracks, so I want to be able to see all the tracks at a time.
How would that be different from the current small track height setting? (Track menu > Properties > Track Height > Small)
I'm asking for even smaller than that, that is too big, plenty of other DAWs have had that feature for years, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Don't know if this has ben mentioned but plugin time delay compensation for submixes is pretty much a necessity IMO.

Also submixes within submixes. I'm guessing someone has already suggested that.

An option to automatically insert a micro fade in/out for every split made.

A feature where multiple clips can be selected and micro-faded in and out as a batch.

Sidechaining.

Zoom in further than is currently possible.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

It would be very useful to be able to set a Default directory for templates.

Currently if (on startup) I browse for a template it will set the folder to the directory I choose. That would be fine if that is retained. However If I then browse for a previous project (not template) next time on start up then the default directory is set for where the project is.

It would appear that the browse for template and browse for project folders share the same system variable. I ike to keep my templates in a different folder from my projects.

Cheers

John
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I would like to be able to set a "do noting" value for cells in the performance panel. Currently if there isn't a sample associated with a cell selecting it stops playback of any other samples in that row. In the main this is great - however it would be very useful if it is possible to select a "do nothing" option for empty cells so that if the cell is accidentally selected then it doesn't do anything.

Cheers

John
samuel

guitar amp down loads

Post by samuel »

guitar amp down loads to add into mixcraft

Re: guitar amp down loads

Post by 7915983 »

samuel wrote:guitar amp down loads to add into mixcraft
Just get guitar rig 5 by native instruments, and you'll never need any other guitar sim ever again.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Starship Krupa wrote:1. Add a marker via a single keystroke
What you can do right now is MIDI map a control to do this.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Starship Krupa wrote:1. Add a marker via a single keystroke
What you can do right now is MIDI map a control to do this.
Whoa, what, where, how???
-Erik
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Okay, I figured out how to do the add marker thing with a MIDI control; that's EXACTLY how it should work! Huzzah!

I just need a keystroke for that.
-Erik
ZEN

Post by ZEN »

How about a full-fledged browser with sub-folder search functionality to drag & drop samples from? I'm currently using an external one which is no problem, but having to switch between windows can get a little tedious.

The ability to close certain windows within the dock. I don't use the loops window at all.

I'm sure someone has requested this, but multiple-outs on Omni Sampler. And the ability to layer sounds onto one pad. Which is pretty common for EDM music.

The ability to bring up a VSTi interface without having to open the dialog and then clicking edit.

The option to have the performance panel in a separate window, or dockable. Which would probably attract of live performance users to use Mixcraft on stage, by having synths on one screen, and a full screen performance panel on the other.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

ZEN wrote:How about a full-fledged browser with sub-folder search functionality to drag & drop samples from? I'm currently using an external one which is no problem, but having to switch between windows can get a little tedious.

The ability to close certain windows within the dock. I don't use the loops window at all.

I'm sure someone has requested this, but multiple-outs on Omni Sampler. And the ability to layer sounds onto one pad. Which is pretty common for EDM music.

The ability to bring up a VSTi interface without having to open the dialog and then clicking edit.

The option to have the performance panel in a separate window, or dockable. Which would probably attract of live performance users to use Mixcraft on stage, by having synths on one screen, and a full screen performance panel on the other.
Love the idea to have the performance panel dockable.

You can layer sounds in Omnisampler - but only if you are triggering from a MIDI device or using the music typing keyboard.

Open Omnisampler
Load a sample in to the first location (by default C4)
Make sure that you have Show Details selected
Add another instance of Omnisampler
Load another sample into the C4 of of this instance
Repeat as often needed

Now when you play C4 on your keyboard all of the samples will play.

Agreed you cant use the GUI to playback all samples at once - but I have tried mapping this to my Launchpad S and MINI Launchpad and it works fine.

However I agree it would be nice to do all of this within one instance of Omnisampler - but at least it is a workaround.

Cheers

John

BTW welcome to the forum!
ZEN

Post by ZEN »

fredfish wrote:
ZEN wrote:How about a full-fledged browser with sub-folder search functionality to drag & drop samples from? I'm currently using an external one which is no problem, but having to switch between windows can get a little tedious.

Love the idea to have the performance panel dockable.

You can layer sounds in Omnisampler - but only if you are triggering from a MIDI device or using the music typing keyboard.

Open Omnisampler
Load a sample in to the first location (by default C4)
Make sure that you have Show Details selected
Add another instance of Omnisampler
Load another sample into the C4 of of this instance
Repeat as often needed

Now when you play C4 on your keyboard all of the samples will play.

Agreed you cant use the GUI to playback all samples at once - but I have tried mapping this to my Launchpad S and MINI Launchpad and it works fine.

However I agree it would be nice to do all of this within one instance of Omnisampler - but at least it is a workaround.

Cheers

John

BTW welcome to the forum!
I will try this as well with the Omni-Sampler.

Thanks for the welcome, and tip. :)