Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hobbs wrote:I think the two glaring issues are no internal midi routing and a pretty unintuitive sound browser. Just my $.02
You can currently route MIDI to effects and you can also route MIDI from one VSTi to another (assuming the VSTi supports it). What kind of MIDI routing are you looking for?
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
fredfish wrote:I would like to be able to set a "do noting" value for cells in the performance panel. Currently if there isn't a sample associated with a cell selecting it stops playback of any other samples in that row. In the main this is great - however it would be very useful if it is possible to select a "do nothing" option for empty cells so that if the cell is accidentally selected then it doesn't do anything.

Cheers

John
Hi John,

Select the empty cells, right-click on them and select Remove Stop Button.

Greg
That sounds like exactly what I need Greg - Thanks.

I am away from home this weekend so cant try - but is this the same if I am using my Novation pads (IE will removing the stop button on the virtual pads also deactivate the physical pads on the Novation)?

Cheers

John
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

fredfish wrote:Hi John,

Select the empty cells, right-click on them and select Remove Stop Button.

Greg
That sounds like exactly what I need Greg - Thanks.

I am away from home this weekend so cant try - but is this the same if I am using my Novation pads (IE will removing the stop button on the virtual pads also deactivate the physical pads on the Novation)?

Cheers

John[/quote]

Hi,

That's correct. If you remove the stop button for a performance panel grid square, it's also disabled when you're using a Launchpad or similar device. Works great!

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

fredfish wrote:That sounds like exactly what I need Greg - Thanks.

Cheers

John
Hi,

That's correct. If you remove the stop button for a performance panel grid square, it's also disabled when you're using a Launchpad or similar device. Works great!

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

aj113 wrote:Unique file names when recording. This would avoid all those loading incorrect file issues.
This feature will actually be appearing sooner than we think.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Now there's an encouraging hint! :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Post by 7915983 »

It would also be useful if clips would not automatically transpose when the key of the project changes. Or at least it would be cool if there was a way of switching that function off.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Sami Seif wrote:It would also be useful if clips would not automatically transpose when the key of the project changes. Or at least it would be cool if there was a way of switching that function off.
The easy answer is don't set the clip to "Use project key" but rather" transpose". Now, perhaps a setting to switch the default behavior could be handy.

Post by 7915983 »

Anorax wrote:
Sami Seif wrote:It would also be useful if clips would not automatically transpose when the key of the project changes. Or at least it would be cool if there was a way of switching that function off.
The easy answer is don't set the clip to "Use project key" but rather" transpose". Now, perhaps a setting to switch the default behavior could be handy.
Oh, right :oops:
Pjusken

Post by Pjusken »

Hi guys

Would like to have the gridlines showing across audio tracks for easier alignment.

also the possibility to make group-tracks (not Subtracks for sending audio somwhere), but grouping tracks together for time-editing on several tracks at the same time.

:D

Brg. Pjusken
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Pjusken wrote:Would like to have the gridlines showing across audio tracks for easier alignment.
Is this a request to make the grid lines more visible?
Pjusken wrote:also the possibility to make group-tracks (not Subtracks for sending audio somwhere), but grouping tracks together for time-editing on several tracks at the same time.
You can "Link" tracks for some processes, is that what you mean?

Try experimenting with this:
Select/highlight the clips or tracks you wish to link by shift/clicking
Right click on any of the selected clips and select "link selected clips."
linking clips.jpg
linking clips.jpg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 10804 times
Now you can edit the linked block in many ways as a group. (Split all, merge all, move all, etc. Try it!)
To undo the linked state and revert back to the default state, right click the selected group and select "unlink selected clips."

Hope that helps!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Pjusken

Post by Pjusken »

Hi Mark

For the first question; Yes like on another DAW you can have the gridlines for bars visible across the audiotracks, which makes is a little bit easier to move a clip precisely on the beat.

For the second, thx for the tips, will try this rigth awayy. :D

Thx for Your very quick response. :D :-)

Brg Pjusken.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

No problem, always pleased to help if I can.
Pjusken wrote:Yes like on another DAW you can have the gridlines for bars visible across the audiotracks, which makes is a little bit easier to move a clip precisely on the beat.
There have been suggestions the grid lines and cursor could be a little more visible, I suspect a future tweak is likely.

But in the meantime, are you using the snap function? It is pretty useful in many cases for moving clips into position on the grid.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Hi,

What features would you look for in a browser, exactly? What would be different from browsing with file explorer and dragging and dropping? Previewing the audio? What else?

Greg
Well, yes an "autopreview", as opposed to a start/stop button would be ideal IMO..maybe even a settings option for user customizable preview time.

Also, lets say you select the "xyz loops" folder. If the first selection was highlighted and the browsable with the cursor keys, with autopreview...it would speed workflow exponentially.

Lastly, a collapsible directory tree would be a bit more fumctional. At the very least...don't limit the current libraries nesting to one set of subfolders.

I.e., Library > subfolder window > sample window

If I want to organize my drum libraries, I can't use the following structure.

Drum Libraries > subfolder list 1 (pack title) > subfolder list 2 (kicks, snares, hats etc.) > samples list

Maybe I'm ignorant to doing it this way but all signs point to it not being possible. Importing is very unintuitive.
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
carllackey wrote:for acoustica greg.. i also would like a browser that incorporates, not onlt the loops in mixcraft, but also my personal loops, and a list of my plug ins that can be dragged and dropped like in studio one professional, reaper, tracktion, etc. every other daw i use has this feature. it makes creating a project, personally more easy, and more organized. also the ability to dock it anywhere on the screen is a nice feature too!
Hi,

Right, but my question is what makes this different from using File Explorer to drag and drop files into Mixcraft? Is it just difficult for you to manage two windows? Difficult to figure out where your loops are? Is it that you can preview the audio before you drag and drop it? How would a built-in browser be that much better than File Explorer for you?

Greg
For me, yes... changing window focus is a workflow killer. Especially with an expansive library. It's equivalent to menu diving on a rompler/sound module. One less step makes a monumental difference when that one step will be repeated a hundred times