Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msavoia

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by msavoia »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
msavoia wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote: Just right-click on the "Change Instruments" button to pop up the interface for the VSTi. Ctrl-Right-click puts it away.
You can do the same thing with the FX button.
The other day, whilst having loads of VST FXs open and wanting to close them all by doing just that (Ctrl-Right-FX), I couldn't remember which track they were on.
(Had to find the top-most VST form bar and read the track name from there, then pick out the FX button on that track.)
So, it would be great if the activated FX buttons could have the usual 3D-depressed visual effect so we know which one(s) have their VSTs open.

Or to get really fancy :-), when the mouse is hovering over any VST window, maybe the FX button on the associated track could glow or something?
For when you have multiple tracks' FXs all open at the same time.
Hi,

Well, there is a "Close All Windows" option now. And "Center All Windows" comes in handy of any interfaces stray off the screen.

Greg
Ah, hadn't noticed: that's helpful too, thx.
Though I think a visual on the FX button to let you know it's got windows open would still be good to have^^
msavoia

Post by msavoia »

I think several of us have proposed this in the past (since MX6 maybe?)

Some kind of visual for a collapsed group track if it's got data in its child tracks.
Something - anything - to let the user know "I may be collapsed but I'm not empty!".
(Because otherwise it just looks empty...)

Cheers-
harpstrum

Post by harpstrum »

Piano roll midi chord assist ? Midi import ? This is most excellent otherwise and strait forward to use .
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

harpstrum wrote:Piano roll midi chord assist ? Midi import ? This is most excellent otherwise and strait forward to use .
Mixcraft can already import MIDI files, just open them like you'd open a project. Or did you mean something else?

What do you mean by MIDI chord assist, exactly?
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

EDIT: Just noticed the dropdown menu for changing "percent" to "units". Disregard (leaving for posterity of stupidity).

Here's one:

There needs to be more midi editing functionality (as has been said), but I've been spoiled by a few things that other DAWs feature. One of these is the ability to select multiple notes in the piano roll, and edit the velocity of these notes as a group (change the value of one note's velocity by dragging and all selected notes scale with it).

I bring this up because I'm ultimately looking for a way in Mixcraft to even out changes in velocity without removing them entirely (I have a sequence of notes with wildly varying velocities. Ideally, I want to cut them down to about 25% using the velocity tool, then uniformly boost by thirty or so. Hence, 100 would be cut to 25, then boosted to 55; while 40 would be cut to 10 then boosted to 40; 20 would become 35 and 120, 60). Basically, I want an easy way to "average" out wild velocity levels without completely overriding them with the "set to velocity #" option.
kebler95

Post by kebler95 »

So i got a question about plug ins, I was wondering if there was certain place I can go to get more if needed? Any plug in catagory.?
Juno

Post by Juno »

kebler95 wrote:So i got a question about plug ins, I was wondering if there was certain place I can go to get more if needed? Any plug in catagory.?
There is. I call it... the 'internet'. :D
Beware of downloading freebies, as always. I usually try to find reviews/blogs and other users first before trying the vst. If they come with an installer, be extra alert at the checkmarks when installing. Before you know it, your search results are limited to whatever ask.com thinks they can get away with and that's not even the worst that can happen.

(your question is not a Mixcraft suggestion, though.)
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
kebler95

Post by kebler95 »

yea i know it was not a mixcraft suggestion, had no idea where to put that question at, I know the internet is where i can go lol but i was just wondering if mixcraft/acoustica had a certain site they may had or have for anythiung xtra on them that i haven't caught my eye on or read about. But thank you though. :D
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

kebler95 wrote:yea i know it was not a mixcraft suggestion, had no idea where to put that question at, I know the internet is where i can go lol but i was just wondering if mixcraft/acoustica had a certain site they may had or have for anythiung xtra on them that i haven't caught my eye on or read about. But thank you though. :D
Completely agree with Juno about being careful. You can end up getting so bogged down with plug-ins, either effects or instruments, and forget to actually make any music!! I think Juno was also suggesting that free downloads can sometimes have unwanted items included, as always be careful.

Having said that one good place to start looking is KVR audio. The site has a good reputation and includes both free and paid for plug-ins (effects and Instruments) collected from all over the internet. There are also some reviews on there as well. http://www.kvraudio.com/

With regard to where to post the question click on the "New Topic" button at the top of the screen. Also are you aware that the Mixcraft board has a section dedicated to plug-ins? http://demon.acoustica.com/bbs/viewforu ... 7bb5b63086

Cheers

John
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Suppliers and variations are vast. I'd agree with the above replies and suggest starting a new thread, and we can discuss more specific suggestions once we know a little more about what you are looking for.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Post by 7915983 »

kebler95 wrote:So i got a question about plug ins, I was wondering if there was certain place I can go to get more if needed? Any plug in catagory.?
I suggest you check out waves plugins, the only bad thing is that they're very costly, however, they always have deals on their plugins.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

There are freebies all over the net that are every bit as good as the high dollar ones.
Just google free vst
jadamso

Post by jadamso »

Just been trying out MIxcraft. Alot of fun but there are some minor niggles.

These are some points that I wrote down whilst spending some time with MixCraft and going through the manual.

REQUESTS

TRACK LIST WINDOW
How to mute/solo all
How to change Send levels of individual child tracks
The ability to hide bus tracks
How to select multiple tracks and apply settings/instruments to multiple tracks
The ability to select an automation track as a whole (in order to copy and paste automation points to another track)
How to temporarily disable automation points (without deleting them)
How to rename a clip
Track dividers e.g. rulers/spacers; the ability to vertically separate different types of tracks e.g. normal and buses
(Show send channel on track)
How to create multiple tracks of same type at the same time e.g. Insert 5 audio tracks
Create default track types/templates
(Image to stretch to fit height of track)
(Option to have image as background for entire track)

TRACK VIEW WINDOW
Extend width left/right
Floating
The ability to hide the clip's envelope;
Pencil Tool for drawing automation
Choose automation curve type e.g. linear, inverted curve, etc
The ability to draw a selection marquee outside of a track
The ability to 'split' a marquee selection e.g. loop
(Option to have background image for tracks/project window; transparency)
Extend height of marker lanes

VIDEO WINDOW
The ability to dock window in main project/details area

DETAILS AREA
The ability to swap tabs around
Have separate detachable, floating windows for Mixer or Library or Sound, etc

MIXER
Stop cursor from changing when moving faders/knobs;
The ability to widen and/or move tracks to left or right (particularly submix buses)
The ability to hide 'Show Tracks' column to free up space
Show percentage OR db for send knob
The ability to select different VU display types e.g. Peak or RMS

STEP EDITOR
Assign entire chords to a single voice e.g. both mono and polyphonic option

FULL TOUCH SCREEN SUPPORT!
Vectors not icons
Hell, even a touch overlay or macros.
Floating Keyboard shortcuts, etc
The ability to resize keyboard, omnisampler, etc and have button sizes increase proportionately

PERFORMANCE PANEL
Click on actual clip to play (not a tiny green play icon)
Have a combined play/stop button on left of clip/panel
Have option that when you press stop on performance panel that it stops entire project playback i.e. playback independent of project (like it is in Sound panel).
Global Performance Panel settings option (rather than just for individual sets)
(The option to record directly into a new set)

OMNISAMPLER
Touch pad to play sound (not tiny icon)

GENERAL/PROJECT
Scalable, vector icons. At the moment ImageLine appear to be the only developer who recognises that icon-based sequencers are redundant where you have large monitors and touch-screens (but i personally cannot stand fl studio). Trying to click a tiny icon with a mouse on a 4k or mash it on a touch-screen is just fiddly.
The ability to have project tempo change on MIDI import to match file;
The ability to widen any column or section (e.g. have table/column/row separators visible - let the user decide the width that they want to work with e.g. Sony Acid appears to be the only sequencer where you change width of track view and hence project window);
Option of detachable floating windows e.g. Performance Panel
A Marker Manager Window
Why is 'Play Metronome Every X Beat' only tied to markers and not to Project tempo?

Phew! Despite what I've put I really have enjoyed trying this software out. These are just some observations that have prevented me from taking the plunge.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

It would be really useful to be able to delete redundant imported folders from the Loops page without having to manualy delete the folders from the program data folder.

Cheers

John
mick

Post by mick »

That old favorite of mine: :mrgreen: Either a floating transport bar and its associated controls such as Tempo / FX / Loops with a show/hide shortcut key (not another mouse menu choice) or positioned where it is permanently accessible/visible. :D