Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

six 6789 wrote:after after logic, cubase, studio one, ableton live, and following all these for years, i can say my 2 cents. daw have been becoming complicated over the years till they got ruined, useless and expensive. mixcraft is an daw that is simple, stable, priced well, it has some features like vst bridge that works better than other daws, and i found my home here in a way. i don't need any more features. please keep it working this good and simple and it will always be a serious daw. otherwise it will become like other 10 daws and useless. gusy you have all these features you want somewhere else... just pick up any other daw they ruined over the years. i like mixcraft the way it is, excellent job guys!
HI,

Thank you. With each new version, we're always careful to preserve the ease of use of Mixcraft -- it's our favorite feature!

Greg
msavoia

Post by msavoia »

One suggestion I haven't seen so I'll mention it:

Some VSTs (especially but not limited to synths) have a very large number of automatable parameters, which results in a very long drop down list in the track automation menu.

Could these perhaps be grouped by name somehow, further grouped into sub menus?
This would greatly improve the ease of selecting automation!

For example, the Impulse synth has many many parameters such as follows:
O1 Shape
O1 Octave
O2 Shape
O2 Octave
O2 DTune
O2 Transp
Osc Mode
Osc Mix
LFO Shape
LFO Frequent
LFO-Pitch
LFO-Volume
LFO-Filter
etc., etc.

I think the spaces or dashes could be used for grouping into submenus (one each for O1, O2, Osc, LFO, etc., for example).
Instead of just one long long list one must search up and down through...

Cheers,

Post by 7915983 »

And it would also be cool if we had a search bar for automation parameters.
msavoia

Post by msavoia »

msavoia wrote:Could these perhaps be grouped by name somehow, further grouped into sub menus?
Come to think of it, I'd like to make the exact same suggestion for the Effects dropdown list.
Grouping Effects based on similar names would help immensely for quickly finding effects.

For example, Waves GTR amp series all start with "GTR ...", Pod Farm amps all start with "Pod Farm..", Classic effects all start with "Classic.." etc.

If these could be organized into sub-menus it would be fantastic!
Faster searching, not to mention a cleaner list.

Cheers,
mick

Post by mick »

When a note is being written on the piano roll it doesn't write until the mouse button is released. So for example, if I start to write the note C3 on the 3rd beat of a measure and drag it to end of the 2nd beat of the next measure then that's where I would expect it to write from start to finish. But it doesn't, it writes where the mouse button is released. This is why I cannot use the piano roll without losing my cool, and I'm normally a very calm fellow even in a crisis. There are so many things about Mixcraft that I find superior to other DAWs and all the fancy technical features that only a small percent are gonna use in DAW "X" I would trade for the more simplistic stuff like this. Its like writing a comment and find it starts on the page where I enter the full stop (I think that's called a period outside of Britain ?) Small and insignificant this may seem but its a massive difference to the user, and if the note plays while dragging it lets the composer know exactly whats going down with regard to the note duration as well as pitch AND EXACTLY WHERE! With my other suggestion of a few weeks ago to add an audition feature where you can highlight a section (as of looping) and hit space (or whatever) AND a track panel allowing quick access to another track and back would be just great. :D
the pannacotta army

Post by the pannacotta army »

Midi Editing

1. The ability to select all the instances of a particular note in a midi track. This is not currently possible if there are multiple clips in the track.

2. After selecting multiple midi notes, it would useful to be able to adjust the velocity of all the selected notes by dragging up or down on one of the notes
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

the pannacotta army wrote:2. After selecting multiple midi notes, it would useful to be able to adjust the velocity of all the selected notes by dragging up or down on one of the notes
There's this:

the pannacotta army

Acoustica Greg wrote:
the pannacotta army wrote:2. After selecting multiple midi notes, it would useful to be able to adjust the velocity of all the selected notes by dragging up or down on one of the notes
There's this:

Thanks, that's useful to know.
I haven't used the pencil tool much yet
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You're welcome! And as you may already know, you can also select Velocities from the MIDI Editing menu to change the velocities of selected notes.
zippie

Post by zippie »

Hi, I did a search but didn't find this. For those of us on crappy, underpowered computers, how about a Freeze/Unfreeze all tracks? (unless it's already there and i just haven't found it yet! haha)

thanks!
the pannacotta army

Acoustica Greg wrote:You're welcome! And as you may already know, you can also select Velocities from the MIDI Editing menu to change the velocities of selected notes.
Yep, got that thanks
It would be good to drag the velocities of several selected notes up and down too though.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

the pannacotta army wrote:It would be good to drag the velocities of several selected notes up and down too though.
Have to second this suggested feature. It would be quite handy to select a set of MIDI notes and use a key combination (Alt/drag or similar) to drag the velocity (Or other data) as a group.

Unless there's a way I have overlooked....... (It happens from time to time.) :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Did you see the graphic I posted above?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, that method works, but lacks something that the method I think is being suggested offers.

It kind of does a general sweep, where as if you could select a range of notes and slide one control bar up or down and the other selected notes move by the exact same amount......

Again, maybe I am overlooking something. I generally use the MIDI edit window functions for this kind of thing. The suggested method, If I am understanding it correctly, would be a quicker and very intuitive method IMO.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, if you wanted each note to be exactly the same, using the Velocities option in the MIDI Editing menu would be best for you!

But being able to drag the velocity setting of a selected note and having all other selected notes follow suit would be a nifty feature.

Greg