Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

gypsy101

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by gypsy101 »

a REDO button for when you accidentally UNDO something & don't want to have to go to the last SAVED version in the project folder. :?
Juno

Post by Juno »

gypsy101 wrote:a REDO button
CTRL+Y

:D
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
the pannacotta army

Post by the pannacotta army »

The option to minimize VST and VSTi windows (at present, all you can do is close windows)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I think we will find that the code to do that is up to the VST developer, not the host, so there's nothing Mixcraft can do about that.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Post by lars »

Still loving mixcraft. Just a thew (crucial) things are missing to compete with bigger DAW's and bring me on my mixing limits as my skills improved over the last years:

- Sub of the subs: Most clients send me kick in/ kick, snare up/ snare down. So I make a sub snare, a sub kick an put the single tracks on that sub.
At the moment is not chance to make another sub like drums, with all the drum tracks, snare sub, kick sub a.s.o. to process the drum ahead as one stem "drums". Most professional mixing engineers work with stem processing to glue the single sections together, like vocals, guitars, keys, bass, drums...

- sidechain function. The sidechain compression plugin in M7 is unfortunately no substitution for good sidechaining and it gave me latency. So many plugins nowadays have sidechain function and it woudl be so important to use our favourite compressors, delays whatever for sidechaining.

- hardware integration. Until now is no ways to construct a send where I can insert a nice hardware reverb, to let the single tracks individually through that reverb with their own send amounts (like with a plugin). Many people work inthebox and with outboard in a hybrid way. Cubase, Studio One, Logic a.s.o. have their own ways to deal with this.

These 3 things should be "natural" in a DAW in the year 2015.
I would welcome them much more than some new vst effects or virtual instruments as many of us have anyway their 3rd pardty libraries, vst's a.s.o.

But still. Mixcraft is for me the most intuitive and fun DAW to use and grew into a serious DAW.
Cheers, Lars
Last edited by lars on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

lars wrote:- sidechain function. The sidechain compression plugin in M7 is unfortunately no substitution for good sidechaining (...)
Thumbs up! :D
This is the only thing I wish for the future. Anything else is a matter of workaround. This one can´t be.
C# or Bb!
lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Post by lars »

aquataur wrote:
lars wrote:- sidechain function. The sidechain compression plugin in M7 is unfortunately no substitution for good sidechaining (...)
Thumbs up! :D
This is the only thing I wish for the future. Anything else is a matter of workaround. This one can´t be.

:D
Sidechaining was also first on my list in the last years and I proposed for M7 already. Now Sub of Sub became equal important to mimmick the analog process, as many times they saved their goodies for the stems (not everybody had 10 pultecs and 20 1176's to put on each track :) And I have a nice V-Verb here which just smokes all my vst reverbs from the tail.
cmorellato

Post by cmorellato »

Select multiple tracks and pull its faders equally!
mick

Post by mick »

cmorellato,
You can assign all the track faders of your choosing to a keyboard mod wheel or any other single midi control thingy and pull all the faders together.
You can select groups - for instance all the faders for a drum set assigned to a single slider or knob and another group - for instance strings to another slider or knob ... and so on.
Not sure if this can be saved and accesed at will but it sounds like a pretty good Mixcraft 8 suggestion to me so that would go down as your suggestion and I will add - the mixer could do with a snapshot feature to save the settings, maybe 3 or 4 snapshots. :D

Post by 7915983 »

The ability to ix all the tracks in a sub mix into 1 wav or flac file,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Sami Seif wrote:The ability to ix all the tracks in a sub mix into 1 wav or flac file,
Solo the submix and then you can mix it down to flac, wav, mp3, wma or ogg vorbis.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

I would like to be able to hide/collapse all lanes in a given track, or even better, hide/collapse all lanes but ones that contain unmuted clips.

For instance:

My current project is an all-audio studio recording, where the artist tracked in some cases 10 or even 20 takes of, for instance, an improvised guitar solo, so I wound up with a LOT of lanes.

We need to keep them in the project for later comping, but while we're doing our edits on other tracks, rough mixes, etc. these extra lanes eat up a LOT of screen real estate.

On some of them, I have created (otherwise needless) submix tracks, because you can collapse what's inside a submix, but I would like not to have to do this. And of course, once I un-collapse that sub, I get Attack of the Screen-Eating Lanes! :shock:
-Erik
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

lars wrote: - hardware integration. Until now is no ways to construct a send where I can insert a nice hardware reverb, to let the single tracks individually through that reverb with their own send amounts (like with a plugin).
I haven't tried it yet, but p.40 of the manual talks about how to set up outboard gear involving an Output Bus track, routing it from an output on your interface back to an input on the interface.

Does that not cover what you want to do?
-Erik
chibear

Post by chibear »

Please change the way effects are applied to submix tracks when they are mixed down or go back to the way 6 treated this process. Video demonstrating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDGhT2z ... fx7ckM8vpQ
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
rowdy777

Post by rowdy777 »

Heyall, got a few suggestions over the past year using Pro Studio 7.
Maybe a new tutorial video on Saving and organizing your projects. How? Where and When?
More demo songs with hands on mixing tutorials?
More color options for the whole interface. Tracks, Sound Waves, Grid?
Undockable Transport Controls would be cool especially when using Dual Screens?
Maybe a lite version of Isotope Ozone, EZ Drummer, Vocal Enhancer w/ DeEsser?
I have been using Mixcraft since Mixcraft 3 and cant wait for the upgrades to come out each year.
Thanks for everything!