Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're still posting new videos, and there are a couple on saving your projects coming up soon. Check this page for tutorials: Mixcraft 7 University.

Also, Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 includes IZotope Mastering Essentials.

Greg
johnw

Post by johnw »

I want to see outside the program, to my computer--where all my loops and MIDI patterns are--from the MC browser. "Import" function is a joke, as is management of the loops library. I am very disappointed that this program STILL does not allow access to Windows Explorer, using drag and drop to tracks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

johnw wrote:I want to see outside the program, to my computer--where all my loops and MIDI patterns are--from the MC browser. "Import" function is a joke, as is management of the loops library. I am very disappointed that this program STILL does not allow access to Windows Explorer, using drag and drop to tracks.
We'll probably have some kind of browser function in Mixcraft 8, but for now, you can certainly drag and drop loops directly from Windows File Explorer into Mixcraft.
johnw

Post by johnw »

I also suggested a "scrub" tool, as in Cakewalk.
runaudio

Post by runaudio »

yeah i agree with john that browser isnt very good lets hope we see a better one in mixcraft 8
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

I don't care about loops, split 'Check for Updates' up into 'Check for loops...' and 'Check for MC update...'! :P

I think the user interface might need some improvement.
For instance, I hate it when I have the mixer open and the transport stuff rises to the center of my monitor - behind my VST windows. I suppose that is why most DAW's have it at the top so that it is always visible.
Many of the labels are a bit small and weak, i.e. hard to read for people without 20/20 vision. For instance everything in the Show Details section of the browser.

When one uses several instances of the same plugin, it might make sense to give the VST window the same color as the track, and randomly give new tracks new colors, of course.
I have repeatedly changed parameters in the wrong instance of Sylenth 8)
johnw

Post by johnw »

Beetle, (not gonna call you Dung), I have the same issues. Transport could be made to be movable, as, I think, in Cubase etc. You may not care about loops, but the whole program seems to be structured around the use of loops. The library is structured to access the loops, but they are audio, and I don't see or know how to put MIDI loops (patterns) into the library--you have to use the menu/import, file by file.
Juno

Post by Juno »

johnw wrote:I don't see or know how to put MIDI loops (patterns) into the library--you have to use the menu/import, file by file.
You can drag and drop multiple midi (or audio) files directly from Windows Explorer into Mixcraft.

Using the space bar for playback and similar shortkeys (like R for recording) just about eliminates the problems with the transport bar. Not to say that it should not be undockable, but even then, sooner or later the screen will be full of stuff. When i was working with Cubasis, i constantly had to move the transport bar around, which is a similar annoyance.

No amount of interface fixes can replace the speed of a single key press. Unless telepathics are finally implemented. 8)
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
johnw

Post by johnw »

You make some good points. I like the space bar stop/play feature.
mick

Post by mick »

Help file ....... keyboard shortcuts ........ pages 303 - 312!

Post by 7915983 »

There should be a "snap to seconds, 1/10 of a second, 1/100 and 1/1000 of a second" feature. Maybe it can be activated when we select "time" instead of "beats"on the timeline.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I don't know if this has been mentioned or if there's a keyboard shortcut (not that I use them) but it would be cool if where you RIGHT CLICK for pan or envelope boost/reduce/etc. there could be a mini window to type in & maybe even save user values, (ex.-15%,30%,65%,etc.etc.) maybe like the window for velocity settings?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You can currently right click on the pan knob and set the parameters, but only in 25% increments. A user definable box might be handy for some users. I doubt I would ever use it personally.......

And there are keyboard shortcuts for clip envelope boost, reduce, fade in or out.
More on that here:
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... 12&t=15950
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

When using a control surface, there should be tooltip-style indicators on the screen that read out the change numerically, just as there are when dragging the control with the mouse and cursor.
-Erik
joanmale

Post by joanmale »

hi, after using for several years cakewalk 9 (yes, i know), i finally purchased mixcraft 7 after a period of testing many daw.
I like because is very simple to use, MIDI and record midi devices works great and it's easy (more than many other daw), audio is also fine, however there is 2 things that i really miss.
The autosave function, i know is something that people demand as i have read in other places.
The automatic crossfader between 2 audio clips. If the sample has a long release after the loop, sound like a bad cut. I solved adding more carrils to the audio track and making it sound not in sample mode, however it's a bit bad solution, there must be something (maybe it is?) like "Play sample until the end even if you loop it".
great work guys.