Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sir Sparky

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Sir Sparky »

I use a lot of midi , a midi clock sync would be really nice :)
Mixcraft 7 Pro - Roland Octa-Capture - Rokit8 speakers and sub -DigiTech VocalistVR - Behringer MDX2200 composer pro - Roland U-220 - M audio keystation - Boss GT-3 - Boss GT-6B
Lots of luck and good friends :D
Grayhem

Post by Grayhem »

*Professional Standard Pitch Correction for Vocals.
With Graphical editor and tools. For pitch and vocal timing editing.
Or a pathway to use the best pitch correction plugins flawlessly with mixcraft.

[[Waves tune apparently has a very natural, 'transparent' sounding tuning effect - however Mixcraft cannot be a Rewire -host to utilise this. [not that i really understand what a rewire host is BTW :) ]]

*Midi notes 'time stretching' - the ability to grab/select a range of midi notes and interactively stretch their relative time on the timeline/piano roll editor.

*Midi notes 'razor' tool - for chopping midi note lengths rather than dragging the end to shorten - this would also create two notes out of one, the chopped note could be re-positioned elsewhere.

*Middle mouse scroller 'Hand action' - when used as a button [ ie pressed and held ] would grab the piano roll position and move it, utilising a 'hand' tool action - this is a very intuitive and quick way for moving around [ obviously there are already scroller uses - for stretching the piano roll and scrolling along when used with the shift key ]
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

Is there no way to pause/resume playback at a given location rather than stop it altogether, i.e. return to the beginning.

A favorite folder for effects would be nice, like the one for instruments. Currently there is all that mediocre bundled stuff on the long dropdown list, stuff I never use.

Pitch bend automation is still very buggy. In this little example
https://app.box.com/s/q3z9rzwdlav8xpvaad8ftuf18cp93091
- the hand drawn pitch bend info is of low resolution, unlike the live pitch bend info during the first note, one can hear the individual pitch steps
- some of the bars are simply not displayed, although they are there
- the pitch returns to neutral at the end of the second note, despite my deliberately drawing a lower pitch till the end of the loop
_ despite the pitch having returned to neutral, the pitch at the beginning of the loop is lower than neutral
Is pitch band automation really that difficult? It seems that every DAW screws it up :P
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Try unchecking the auto rewind feature?
Auto rewind.jpg
Auto rewind.jpg (26.37 KiB) Viewed 5595 times
(When checked, the cursor automatically resets to where playback started. When unchecked the cursor remains where you stopped/paused.)

The VST menu by default has a "recently used" group that might be the shortcut you seek. Its right under the "search bar" which can also be useful.
VST menu.jpg
VST menu.jpg (13.94 KiB) Viewed 5595 times
And you can edit your VST menu to provide grouped titles any way you wish.

And then theres the option of deactivating the unused VST's so they dont show up on the list.
Or removing altogether like I need to do with some of those you see in my image. :roll:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Quick draw McBliss!
dung_beetle wrote:Is there no way to pause/resume playback at a given location rather than stop it altogether, i.e. return to the beginning.
Look at your Interface preferences.
A favorite folder for effects would be nice, like the one for instruments. Currently there is all that mediocre bundled stuff on the long dropdown list, stuff I never use.
File menu > Manage Plug-Ins > Collections

Also, Mixcraft 7 automatically puts recently used plugins in a list if you've got frequently used not-mediocre favorite effects.

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Still smokin' 8)

Little tiny eeeensie little irritation. Might be Windows and not Mixcraft. But as in your last image, the "recently used" list covers the scroll bar. Sometimes I mouse over and open the recently used list, but really want to scroll. And have to do this silly little move....... Oh its tiny alright, but still...... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

There's a bit of scroll bar visible under that drop down menu that I can grab.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I guess that means either you are using too few (10) or I am using too many. (Yep! Currently 21), but I don't actually use them all, so maybe we need to request a reset button! 8)

.......40 VST's in my compression and dynamics group. That's just embarrassin'! :roll:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

That does the trick, thanks :)
Would be cool if one could exclude all those plugins already during the installation of MC. But I think some of them have been used in the instruments presets...
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, I think many of the older presets use the old Classic/Kjaerhus stuff, like the chorus and reverb. Some added later use the Acoustica VST's or sometimes the Voxengo amp sim pops up. Even later additions may occasionally utilize VST's like the Time Machine delay and TB gate too. There may be others I haven't noticed.

Keep in mind, you can always "quarantine" little used VST's by putting them on ignore status so they don't show up on the VST list, and if you should change your mind its a quick step to reactivate.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
boglet

Post by boglet »

I'm not sure I want to wade through 30 pages of comments so this may have been requested already.

Please can we have samples other than 4/4 and be able to search and order on time signature? Even some 3/4 would be nice. I know this fragments the library but I have some excellent drum riffs in unusual time signatures and there is no way of knowing what they are once they are loaded in the library. This would make me very happy!
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

boglet wrote: Please can we have samples other than 4/4 and be able to search and order on time signature? Even some 3/4 would be nice.
It is already possible to sort by Signature - open the library tab, right click and then click on "show columns / signature". Once you have done that you can click on the signature column at the top to sort by signature.

Cheers

John
ozboomer

Post by ozboomer »

Hi, all...

There are many issues with the DAW and I'm building a list as I work on my first significant Mixcraft project.. but a couple of dumb, basic things that I've come against so far:-

* we should be able to specify a minor key;

* we must have the ability to assign track colours, whether via RGB or HSB; not being able to have 5+greens for my guitar tracks, for example, makes quickly locating the 'group' annoyingly tricky; it's also trivial to implement but extremely useful if the track (clip) names are rendered in a contrasting colour - how amazingly difficult it is to read a black clip name on a dark blue track...  Initially, we don't need full theming/skinning.. but if we do get something to define the track/clip colours, the interface should be the same for all the other parts of the program... and o'course, there snould be some export/import mechanism.

Out of interest, is there any sort of buglist/wishlist vcs/github-like thing being maintained for Mixcraft?  This way we'd be able to see if a bug/feature has already been reported...

Thanks...
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

ozboomer wrote:
Out of interest, is there any sort of buglist/wishlist vcs/github-like thing being maintained for Mixcraft?  This way we'd be able to see if a bug/feature has already been reported...

Thanks...
I dont think this is quite what you are after but there is a page listing the changes in each version / build - including bug fixes. You might find it useful.

It can be found here http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/history.htm

You could go to http://bugz.acoustica.com/ and do a search for "all" selecting Mixcraft as the product. This will give you a list of all the bugs reported via Bugzilla.

Cheers

John
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Provide the ability to set the default midi level.