Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msavoia

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by msavoia »

Image[/quote]
Ya, the little spinner is cool, but because of its size won't really address my 2%-1% issue. I can attest to that from using the Send spinners (although those settings need not be that exact), BUT, as long as we are bouncing this around, why not just add a 'Manual' button which would bring up another dialog where you could input your percentage[/quote]

The reason I always find input dialogs undesirable is because you usually set these adjustments by ear.
Setting by ear means you have to be listening to the clip playing, which is why I'd prefer some sort of independent knob/slider for the fine adjustment (a knob could be any larger size to allow finer adjustment), but not an input dialog where you usually have to press Ok and play the clip again.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Very good points. I'm sold- 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

chibear wrote: Ya, the little spinner is cool, but because of its size won't really address my 2%-1% issue. I can attest to that from using the Send spinners
You may know this Chibear, but just in case:
If you shift/drag the send knobs, it results in a much finer adjustment than just dragging the knob function.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
msavoia

Post by msavoia »

Mark Bliss wrote:
chibear wrote: Ya, the little spinner is cool, but because of its size won't really address my 2%-1% issue. I can attest to that from using the Send spinners
If you shift/drag the send knobs, it results in a much finer adjustment than just dragging the knob function.
There's the solution! Shift+drag, almost forgot...
msavoia

Post by msavoia »

Mark Bliss wrote:
By the way, this reminded me of another wish/suggestion:

In the audio Sound panel --> Transpose --> Semitones numeral selector, could we also have the shift-key option there to allow decimal increments?
I'm always correcting slight vocal deviations in the "0.2-0.6" range, which now requires you to focus the input box with the mouse and then type in your decimal.
Shift-keying would be great here too.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Effects slot right-click menu should include Replace, please.

I don't know how many times I have tried to do this without thinking and then remembered "oh, right, you can't get there from here, you have to go over to the FX tray to replace an effect."

So I would love to be able to Replace an effect in a Track Effects Slot by right-clicking on the effect name and selecting "Replace" from the resulting context menu.

(Just put this in Bugzilla: http://bugz.acoustica.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9989)
-Erik
johnw

Post by johnw »

Save single TRACK as MIDI file. The track already being MIDI.
(I don't think I can find this in MC 8)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

johnw wrote:Save single TRACK as MIDI file. The track already being MIDI.
(I don't think I can find this in MC 8)
Hi,

What happens if you solo the track before you save as MIDI?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
johnw

Post by johnw »

I'll give that a try--assuming you mean that soloing the track will prevent all tracks from rendering as a multiple track MIDI file, which I never would want.
Thanks Greg!
msavoia

Post by msavoia »

Will it be a difficult modification of the program to allow editing of multiple selected text clips in a Video Track?
For example, I recently had laid out all the clips for some lyrics as text over a video track (over 30, karaoke style), and, wouldn't you know it, I needed to change the font of the text :(

As each clip had to be separately opened and font changed, you can guess how much time that took! :)
Joshenzx

Post by Joshenzx »

andrew7a wrote:Automation

How to automate midi controller data e.g. velocity, pitch bends.
A Line Tool for editing MIDI controller data e.g. to create straight lines, curves, etc or select from pre-set shapes e.g. velocity ramps.
I 100% agree with this.
When I am making a buildup with the snare for pitches (or velocity), it is a PAIN to get a nice even buildup. I'd love curves or lines to use.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

I had to register just to say this:

I love Mixcraft; I looked at a whole lot of DAWs when setting up my home studio, and I felt Mixcraft had the most features and most workable interface at the most affordable price. However, as I've been digging deeper into MIDI editing, I've realized how important it is to be able to view (not necessarily even edit, just see) MIDI notes from multiple tracks/clips at the same time, all together in the piano roll. This seems like a basic feature for piano roll editing; many other DAWs include it. I don't want to have to export MIDI into a third-party program and import it back in just to be able to check if some notes from different percussion and bass instruments are aligned in time, or to set up a bell chord between a bass, piano, and synthesizer. (I can't even imagine trying to do this with a full orchestra, lacking this feature!) That's supposed to be one of the purposes of the piano roll. Copying and pasting MIDI notes between clips is not an acceptable alternative either, as something always gets messed up in the process, and then there's the issue of copying them back to their own respective clips--too much room for error, and you lose the ability to listen to each part played back by its own instrument during the editing process. Like I said, I really love Mixcraft; I've even been considering upgrading to the Pro version. I don't want to switch DAWs. But if this feature is not added in soon, I'm going to have to look at investing in a DAW that actually has this basic piano roll functionality.

For clarification, I do not mean simply dragging or muting/unmuting multiple MIDI clips at once; I mean viewing the actual notes contained in two different clips at the same time in the piano roll editor. Kind of like two different layers with each clip's piano roll on it, imposed over each other.

Here are some examples of the function in other DAWs:

Logic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnb4Q69gXSA

Reaper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tmm7jGfUII
(see 6:35 - 7:10 and 8:21 - 12:36; useful extension of this feature shown at 12:37-15:02)

FL Studio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9HFJ5mWnHc
(11:32 - 13:12)

Also, one more suggestion: it would be great to be able to mute individual notes temporarily, for example, if you wanted to try a variation on a melody but you didn't want to have to delete and then re-draw all the existing notes or make a new clip.
rrichard63

DLL's that are not VST's

Post by rrichard63 »

I own almost all of the Izotope plugins. Each of them consists of 2 .dll files (I'm on Windows), only one of which is actually the VST. Every time Mixcraft 8 starts up, it spends 12 or 13 seconds re-scanning (and re-rejecting) the .dll files that are not actually plugins. Other DAWs don't appear to rescan these files after they have been rejected once.
rrichard63

Routing MIDI data internally

Post by rrichard63 »

From various threads in this forum, it appears that a number of users would appreciate being able to route the MIDI output from one track to another instrument track, without having to go through a loop back utility (e.g. Loop MIDI).
Acoustica Greg

Re: Routing MIDI data internally

Post by Acoustica Greg »

rrichard63 wrote:From various threads in this forum, it appears that a number of users would appreciate being able to route the MIDI output from one track to another instrument track, without having to go through a loop back utility (e.g. Loop MIDI).
Hi,

You can currently route MIDI from one virtual instrument to another, you can route MIDI from a track to an effect, and you can route MIDI from one track to another, but the feature request would be to record the MIDI output of a plugin.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101