Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi friends,

The time has come for us to ask you what you'd like to see in the next version of Mixcraft. We know that you've got your list of ideas for how Mixcraft should evolve, and we'd like to hear them! Mixcraft has come a long way over the years, but there are still any number of changes - large and small - that we know would improve workflow, make Mixcraft more competitive, and make your life easier! So, what would you like to see in the next version of Mixcraft?

Thanks!
Dan
Mark Bliss

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well here we go!
I'll start with:

1:SEND track capability on child tracks so the function can be used on multi-out VSTi's, etc.

2:native SIDE CHAIN capability, to enhance functionality of advanced third party VST's.

3:I would like to be able to INSERT a third party meter in the main bus, POST-FADER.
As it functions now, a meter plug in on the main bus shows only pre-fader project levels, it would be nice to have a simple native route to monitor and analyze the final output of the main bus with more complex metering when desired!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
chibear

Post by chibear »

For me,

1. The ability to draw SMOOTH curves in automations and MIDI CCs, especially CC11.
EDIT: It would also be nice to have the option of seeing/editing CC# values with rest of automations beneath the track.
EDIT2: I came across this video which pretty much sums up my needs and reasons for such. If improvements on this order aren't included in Mixcraft 8 it will probably be a deal breaker for me and I'll have to move on to another DAW.

2. Ability to save a project to multiple locations with one click.

3. Redo display of child tracks and their automation lanes so that the appropriate automation lane is adjacent to the child track.

4. Make the playback position marker (caret, green triangle, whatever) and attached line a bright contrasting color so it's more easily visible. Suggest fluorescent orange or green.

Everything else is perfect :D
Last edited by chibear on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

- Render to 32-bit float

- internal MIDI routing

- ability to "draw" automation

- drag and drop browser import with a cleaner folder structure
mick

Post by mick »

When can we have Mixcraft 8 ? 8)
Sorry... couldn't resist :mrgreen:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mick wrote:When can we have Mixcraft 8 ? 8)
Sorry... couldn't resist :mrgreen:
This is where I chime in and say: "Mixcraft 8 is a year or more away." :)
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I know I've said it before but ability to us scroll wheel on mouse to move knobs, switches and faders like in some vst's.

M
MeanMrMustard

Post by MeanMrMustard »

Being new to MC7 I'm not sure if these features exist though Ive gone through most videos and haven't found them. Performance Panel appears to be somewhat close but seems more geared towards live entry. Also Im not sure if its alright to mention other DAWs. If not please accept my apology and delete.

- Arranger Track. From what Ive seen and read Studio One 3's Arranger Track looks very interesting and has gotten a lot of positive feed back from the community. Cubase has something similar as well I believe as may others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZALHeAeOjM4

I'll just add so far I find MC7 very intuitive and easy to work with. And I'm looking forward to 8 !

MMM
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

Midi Clock Sync ;)
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

More Mackie Control implementation such as the ability to control plugins. ( New owner of a MCU Pro )

I also second the suggestion for the ability to draw automation lines.

More color and contrast controls to customize the GUI of mixcraft
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

1. Tempo automation (An easy way to ramp tempo up and down).

2. Midi event log/viewer.

3. Project Mastering Page.

4. Updated look. In terms of general functionality, MC can stand up to any other DAW out there, but in the looks dept, quite frankly, it seems like a throwback to the 90s. Adding a virtual instrument, for example, reminds me of using Cubase VST or Cakewalk Pro Audio back in the day.

5. While talking about GUI, obviously, users' tastes will differ. So it becomes all the more important for the ability to customize -- especially in areas like the mixer. Offering themes (ala Digital Performer and Reaper) might be asking too much, but how about being able to narrow/widen strips; button, fader and metering options; powerful color/hue customization, etc.
davefk

Post by davefk »

Can we please have a way of copying and pasting insert effects to different tracks. Thanks.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

davefk wrote:Can we please have a way of copying and pasting insert effects to different tracks. Thanks.
You can already save effects chains and import them to other tracks.
davefk

Post by davefk »

aj113 wrote:
davefk wrote:Can we please have a way of copying and pasting insert effects to different tracks. Thanks.
You can already save effects chains and import them to other tracks.
Yep thanks I know, but that's a slow way to do it.
Last edited by davefk on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Mark Bliss wrote:2:native SIDE CHAIN capability, to enhance functionality of advanced third party VST's.
YESSS!
C# or Bb!