Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Anorax

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Anorax »

Sami Seif wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:16 pm I don't know how I missed that, hahaha, but great job!

I still hope to be able to zoom in more for more precise editing of audio tracks though.
Honestly the only reason I'd like to be able to zoom in extra close would be for time-aligning tracks with sample accuracy, but even then that'd be something needed on the main arrangement area, not the sound tab.
Acoustica Greg wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 pm
Hi,

Through the power of time travel, I have added one of the features you have requested. Unfortunately, the limits of time travel technology prevent me from adding more than just one feature.
Oh don't be so modest, Greg, I see you also added a keyboard shortcut for Musical Typing while you were at it, and that's before I could get a chance to ask for it!
Last edited by Anorax on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
daveiv

Post by daveiv »

Can you provide a single file installer for the loop library?

I reinstall Windows regularly to keep it lean.

'Download all in view' command downloads each file one by one, thus unnecessarily generates high load on your servers, wastes time, and makes offline installation extremely difficult.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Which would cause more server load, a single-threaded download or multitheaded download?

Alternatively, you could use a separate drive for audio files - you'll see this often in production studios, where your working drive is separate from your os drive, to prevent data loss in case of os drive crash or corruption. Not that this is tenable if you're using a laptop.

I think the reason that there isn't already a separate offline library installer is because the library gets updated every once in a while, but it could be useful to have an offline installer.
Last edited by Anorax on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 7915983 »

Quote: Honestly the only reason I'd like to be able to zoom in extra close would be for time-aligning tracks with sample accuracy, but even then that'd be something needed on the main arrangement area, not the sound tab.

Not to be condescending but every major DAW has that feature and even free software like Audacity has it. And it's necessary for me to be able to edit in greater detail and I'm sure that's the case for others too. Just my 2 cents.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Not gonna lie, disappointed that MC9 doesn't have mouse wheel scroll control for faders and knobs, especially with the upgraded eq. Every third party vst has it, including the new TB suite.

M
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Anytime someone begins a statement with "not to be ___", they usually mean to be that thing. Just my 2 cents
chaxile

Post by chaxile »

Mixcraft must add on midi ghost print to the daw especially mixcraft pro and add shortcut import for atlist I can import the shortcut from studio one or FL studio to mixcraft above all ghost print is recommended
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

460.jpg
460.jpg (14.52 KiB) Viewed 31189 times
Hi guys.

I've noticed that this meant to be the improvement of update 460.

I find this a little a little step back.

It is sensible when you start a new project with Mixcraft icon, the one that gives you new Mixcraft folder.

But 'save as' can be used more often to save the new versions of existing project and than would be nice to stay inside the parent folder,

instead of going there everytime from default folder, especially if you keep the project folders in different locations as a part of bigger

projects.

Anyone finds the new way as less efficient?
Tetra Acoustics

Post by Tetra Acoustics »

The following are really holding Mixcraft back.
1 Limited Zoom range, surely cannot be that hard to extend zoom range so that I can check phase of tracks, come on!!

2 Need a insert plug in similar to reapers reinsert vst, so you can integrate outboard hardware more easily.

3 greater stability, still crashes intermittently, with certain plugins some of them native to mixcraft!

I believe those are essential items to be addressed in the next build,
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

The ability to drag/select across 100 bars on the piano roll without having to write your will first waiting for the drag to complete, as it would take about 8 weeks currently, which is not good. Please restore the functionality it has in previous versions (unless I am mistaken about it).
Please fix the issue of the version 8 skin being changed back to the default skin every time the preferences of the program are changed (as it's a pain the arse).
Please set the default brightness of the video window to accurately reflect the original brightness of the video being used as processing a file multiple times leads to a washed out looking video. The way to do this is to set the default value accurately using the same scaling that it already uses (for backwards compatibility) but change the default brightness to be less than 50.000 or whatever is it. It became more trouble than it is worth for me to continue to use the video capabilities of the program because of this, which is very annoying.
Thanks for your attention.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
mugwump

Post by mugwump »

I'd like to see named note support when using a VST. For example when using Xfer Nerve in FLStudio it shows the pad names in the piano roll.
westjensontexas

Post by westjensontexas »

I would appreciate a gain trim and HP filter at the input of every channel strip, as would be found on a hardware mixing console.
bsheen74

Post by bsheen74 »

I started out with, I think it was, Mixcraft 3 or 4. Upgraded to 5 and 6 and then stopped using it. At the same time I had been using Sonar, now Cakewalk by Bandlab. I have to say I'm back using M9 Pro, due to some slow loading issues with CbB, and am really happy with the improvements that have been made. Now comes the but....

However here are just a couple thoughts I have about some things that I don't think have changed or I'd like to see. It's mainly with the overall look and or feel.

The mixer: I think I prefer to see a "pan knob" vs. the slider.
I had mentioned this way long ago. The meters to me, don't seem accurate. I'm not sure what it is, but they just seem not as responsive as Cakewalk. Also I think having a PEAK and RMS reading on the faders would be SUPER handy. I use it all the time to see how much a track is peaking or not. These are their settings.Image

And from my other post...Combine the "output buss" with the "sub mix" buss and move it over to the right hand side of the mixer where the master track is. You could still have options to select a hardware output or send to the master. You could then just create a track "folder" to consiladate the tracks in the "track view" to clean things up.
Attachments
Meter screen shot.png
Meter screen shot.png (28.11 KiB) Viewed 30896 times
Jatin Thakur

Post by Jatin Thakur »

I would like to see 1.) the custom color options for track.
2.) Note glide option in midi.
3.) Pitch Automation for midi files.
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

Still relatively new to Mixcraft (9 RS since Apr and 9 Pro since Sep). Was always old school with sequencers and drum machines so....

1. The ability to build drum and bass loops more easily to build song tracks with perhaps the ability to save them in the library?
2. Assigning more than one sound to a track so as to play them together.
3. On a trivial note, having a different colour slider for the main clip grid would be nice.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI