Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

banzailoco wrote:Nice feature on Mixcraft 8. You can minimize all your open windows by a click, then you can open them back up by another click.
Hi,

Try right-clicking on FX or Change Instruments to open plugin interfaces and Ctrl-right-clicking to close them.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
BillW

Post by BillW »

Very unimportant but nice to have (possibly) feature that might not be difficult?

I've begun to color code my tracks finally. Should have done it long ago. Make it so much easier to quickly find things.

Now - to make it even easier:
More than the 14 (I think) colors would be nice.

AND - it would also be nice if the icon set (picture for the track) had more options (there is no trombone, for example). AND if the spot on the track was larger. It's not tough to find icons or png /jpg etc files for free. But most aren't very optimal for the small space that displays.

As I said - VERY trivial, but if not too difficult, it would be nice if it was thrown into Mixcraft 9 next year or whenever.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
★Mello my Dude★

Post by ★Mello my Dude★ »

So I'm pretty new to anything to do with audio in general, but I just finished my first piece on Mx7 and I want to mixdown the files to mp3 but it isn't an option where OGG, WMA, and WAV etc. are. Is there another way I can compress all of the individual files to mp3?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

★Mello my Dude★ wrote:So I'm pretty new to anything to do with audio in general, but I just finished my first piece on Mx7 and I want to mixdown the files to mp3 but it isn't an option where OGG, WMA, and WAV etc. are. Is there another way I can compress all of the individual files to mp3?
Hi,

It sounds like you have Mixcraft Home Studio 6 or 7. Click on the Upgrade button and upgrade to Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio to get the option to mix down to MP3 (along with lots of other plugins and features).

Or, mix down to wav and convert to MP3 using iTunes or some other program.

Upgrade prices are here: Mixcraft Upgrade Check.

Greg
★Mello my Dude★

Post by ★Mello my Dude★ »

I just converted it to WAV and then put it through the itunes converter on mp3 import settings, which seems to have worked. Thanks for the help, you've no idea what I've had to figure out to get to finally start making my own stuff so I really appreciate it.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Is there a way to 'thicken' MIDI notes when trying to coincide them with other notes? For me, they are more difficult to see.
Attachments
mcrob.jpg
mcrob.jpg (159.83 KiB) Viewed 17197 times
Tranceprod Dan

Post by Tranceprod Dan »

AHornsby wrote:Is there a way to 'thicken' MIDI notes when trying to coincide them with other notes? For me, they are more difficult to see.
I agree, I liked the note thickness in Mixcraft 7, they seem so wispy now, one of the few things I dislike about the newer version
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

MIDI notes no longer wrap around, they get smaller as you add really high and low notes.

There is zoom in the piano roll (plus and minus signs on the left), but that only affects the piano roll.

Greg
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Hi. What I was trying to do was to match up the MIDI beat with the wave form. (I know it's only a few ms.) The piano roll does have a 'role' to play but it's better (for me) to confirm the start/stop within the track itself as the snap function is useless with improv. -Harry
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

The idea is to have a control over a second video for crossfading control (as I suggested in my beta testing video to support).
I've figured out how this could be done.
Firstly, there would only be one video window, but there would be two video tracks and a Top level video selection above the two tracks.
There would be an automation lane to define the percentage of each video in the mix, which would default to 100% for video one, 0% video two, instead of inserting clips onto one track and having them auto-crossfaded as it is at present.. The percentage on the automation lane would define the mix (crossfade levels) between the two, 50% each would blend the two videos.
When selecting 'Video' the video window would show the video mix as defined by the automation lane. Selecting 'track 1' would focus entirely on that video (for editing), selecting 'Track 2' would focus entirely on it, for editing.
Obviously, crossfading already exists in video in the program, so I reckon it would just involve adjusting what's already there to have it implemented, unless there is some licencing issue or something, or if I've missed something :D

Ian
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
MXCRFT864

Post by MXCRFT864 »

How about Bluetooth connectivity as an option for the Mixcraft Remote app? That way there's no need to depend on internet alone.

Last edited by MXCRFT864 on Sat May 06, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mixcraft 8 Pro 64-Bit on Dell Optiplex 755 with 2.83Ghz Xeon Quadcore 8) and 8GB RAM. Windows 7 64-Bit.
BillW

Post by BillW »

I like the Bluetooth idea. I usually disable my internet connection while using mixcraft since Windows has this nasty habit of downloading stuff while I'm in there, causing skips etc
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
davefk

Post by davefk »

1 Handles for fades
2 A quick click to turn of effect chains
3 Snap to grid off, so long as a key is kept pressed
4 Re-oder tracks from mixer section
5 A better colour selection for tracks including random track colours
6 Theming
7 Ability to hide tracks from the tracks section not just the mixer section
8 Double click to create a track
9 Better colours for metering and peak hold
10 Clean up current directory, being able to get rid of junk
11 When saving for the first time, a choice to copy all audio tracks to folder
12 Trim function
13 Mono button on track and master
14 Percentage of effects applied dial
15 A track manager
16 Track and part text notes
17 A tempo track (like a master track for tempo changes)
18 Ability to ghost other midi tracks when editing
19 A choice of fade curves
20 The ability to have more than one project open, and to be able to cut/paste between projects.

Will add more as I come up with them....
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

> 2 A quick click to turn of effect chains

Aside from the little check box?

> 8 Double click to create a track

There's this:

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I think on #2, Dave might be referring to how handy it would be to have a "toggle all" button somewhere like here:
Active chain toggle.png
Active chain toggle.png (19.64 KiB) Viewed 16954 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page